News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Video:Gas Drillers Fail To Maintain Wells In Ohio State Parks

Started by irishbobcat, July 08, 2012, 10:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Again Ricky, go ahead and stick these run down rusty old wells and storage  items all over you property.....I don't want them in state and city parks......some people care about the environment, you don't.....

Rick Rowlands

Upon further research this is a storage well and is used to store natural gas underground until it is needed. 

The well is hardly ruining anything.  Most of us practical people understand that modern civilization runs on energy and this is just one of the many facilities needed to assure that we have a supply of it.  You are quite ignorant of the thousands of people around you everyday whose jobs it is to make sure that you have all of the niceties of life and make it possible for you to sit behind your computer and spout off your nonsense.  You will degrade, scoff at, disparage and ridicule these people, but would also bitch if they stopped doing their jobs and you ran out of water, natural gas and electricity.  Have a little respect and appreciation!

irishbobcat

Doesn`t matter Ricky, I don`t want these rusty old remains ruining my state and city parks. If you want to be a slumlord and have them dotting the property of your heritage park, so be it.....

Rick Rowlands

Are people like Bill who you rely upon for your information on the gas industry?   Bill is the most uninformed person there could be when it comes to gas wells!  first off, the well is out of service.  Had he searched for that well number he would have found that the well was drilled in October, 1965 into the Clinton formation and is now out of service. 

The blue tank is for adding the chemical to the gas that makes it smell.  id you even know that?  Yes, natural gas is odorless and a chemical is added to give it that unmistakable smell.  So that is what he was smelling.  The missing piping is where the regulators and meters would have been located at, and since the well is non producing those were removed and the downstream end of the piping was plugged. 

This video would be funny except that people like you think that Bill is credible and believe what he is saying.

Why?Town

Bill in the video doesn't seem to well versed in well inspection. I wonder why he would close a valve that he is unfamiliar with?

Looks to me like that equipment, or at least a good part of it, is no longer in use. We could probably take the information that Bill couln't figure out and contact Columbia gas to find out.

Saving the environment is a noble endeavour, I don't think this video really shows much of a problem nor helps the cause.

irishbobcat

Do we want gas drillers who fail to maintain wells in state parks to continue this practice
in Mill Creek Park and the valley in general?

I say NO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K5SiS99QVTs