News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Anti Fracking Snub

Started by Towntalk, April 19, 2012, 11:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

So the late hour prevented the public and news media from attending. Right. Reporters only work 9 to 5. And FWIW, as a member of the public  I'm much more available at 9:30 than I am during the workday. Not that I'd have been there anyway.

Rick Rowlands

I have news for Hagan.  the statehouse is not the only place where he is disrespected.   What a loon.

Youngstownshrimp

I think Hagan if he really is a true leader for the people here in Youngstown, should try pushing hard to convert his locomotives he runs into being powered by Natural Gas, which because of fracking enabled the US to beat Russia as the largest producer of NG.  The fool should tout how NG is 50% cheaper and 50% cleaner than mideast oil, plus it is AMERICA and locally produced.  Or, maybe he should tout running his locomotives with solar energy, this would be another laugh at Youngstown's elected uneducated leadership.
Funny how FRACKING has made our NG the cheapest in the world, we fracked so much of it.  Europe and Asia pays $17 to $19 an Mcuft.  while WE pay less than $2  "Long Live Free Enterprise!"

Towntalk

A state lawmaker pushing to temporarily ban deep-injection drilling in Ohio says he and others concerned about a series of earthquakes in the Youngstown area are being disrespected in Statehouse hearings.
Democratic state Rep. Robert Hagan, of Youngstown, said in a statement Thursday that testimony on the moratorium bill he proposes was pushed to past 9:30 p.m. Wednesday. He said Republicans who control the chamber were largely given preference in testifying first.
House Agriculture Chairman David Hall at one point gaveled Hagan out of order.
Hagan said the late hour prevented the public and news media from attending. He said only a handful of environmental activists who participated in a rally earlier Wednesday could stay for the hearing.
A message was left with Hall's office seeking comment.