News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Area mayors betray taxpayers.

Started by Dan Moadus, September 24, 2011, 12:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

Your problem Dennis, is that you're a Marxist, you may not agree, but you are. You do not understand that the free market is about freedom. In it, a greedy business man can make a "take it or leave it" offer to someone who has no money, and no prospects. It also allows someone to tell his boss to go to hell. People are free to buy and sell labor without government interfering. It may have sad results; freedom sometimes does, but anyone with half a brain, which may leave you out, can see what the happens when people allow the government to interject a bureaucrat's idea of fairness into these relationships. You end up with countries like China, Cuba, or the old Soviet Union, where elitists like you start out in a search for fairness and end up creating Gulags.

Freedom often does not result in equality of outcomes, but freedom loving people usually take care of those who fall behind. Of course people like you do that also, but with other people's money.

It is sad that someone like you, who supposedly is educated, lacks the understanding of just what made America so prosperous......Freedom.

Why?Town

It's just proof that SB5 doesn't really matter. They will give away the farm regardless.

Dan Moadus

You just don't get it Dennis, the management you refer to, is the middle class working families, the taxpayers who foot the bill.  Sorry, but this time your on the side of the wealthier. Consider for a moment the typical city worker. Up until recently, paid nothing of his health insurance, has 4 or 5 weeks paid vacation, 11 paid holidays (just try naming 11 holidays), 15 paid sick days that can accumulate, and in Girard at least 4 paid personal days, and also in Girard, a clothing allowance, even if you're a secretary.  Now name me someone who you know in the private sector who enjoys those kinds of perks. So you see Dennis, my sympathies lie with that guy or gal working in some retail outlet who gets 1 week vacation, no hospitalization, or pays 50 percent,  no sick days, maybe 4 or 5 paid holidays, no clothing allowance, and certainly no paid personal days off, and probably working for 10 bucks an hour. All the while he or she is making up the bulk of the taxpaying public expected to maintain the life style of the public worker who serves him or her.

SB5 is designed to lesson the burden of people just like I've described, who fit the bill better of the downtrodden you so often claim to care about.

You accused me of lying, now either say what lies I told, or apologize.

Dan Moadus

Dan Moadus

Dear reader. Please note that like all SB5 opponents, Dennis is incapable of offering a defense of his position, and just utters taunts.

Dan Moadus

There was an article in last Saturday's paper reporting how area mayors are opposing Senate Bill 5, or Issue 2. If there has ever been a more blatant display of pandering for union votes, I haven't seen it. These people ought to be ashamed.

In the world of labor/management relations, which is inherently adversarial, SB5 is a tool to give public sector management a stronger hand. The fact that these politicians oppose the bill speaks volumes? As an area politician, I have an opinion as to why they did this. First, they know that politicians in the Mahoning Valley who oppose the unions do not get reelected. Secondly,  they know that SB5 does away with arbitration, putting the decisions in the negotiating process back in their hands. They can no longer claim that their hands were tied during negotiation by saying "The arbitrator made me do it".   They also know that SB5 provides for public scrutiny of the negotiating process and the ability for the taxpayer to participate through public hearings when there is a stalemate. Politicians who claim to have the taxpayers best interests at heart, but behind close doors go along with union demands, will no longer have this cloak of secrecy. SB5 will allow you the tax payer to see who your elected representatives are truly working for.

If you sat on the board of directors of a corporation and you learned that your CEO attended a union meeting where a strike vote was taking place and encouraged a yes vote what would your reaction be? The public actions of these mayors, and many other area politicians are no different. While they have a moral obligation to treat their employees fairly and to compensate them as best they can, their first obligation is to be a good sheppards of taxpayer's dollars. When times are tough their duty is to stretch our tax dollars as far as possible in order to maintain public services, even if this means compensating each employee less in order to achieve it. SB5 (Issue 2) provides the tools to do just that.

You should remember which politicians opposed SB5 and send them a message come next election, that they were sent to represent you. Vote "Yes" on Issue 2.