News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Who needs a collective bargaining law?

Started by Dan Moadus, February 17, 2011, 12:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Tax the rich, they don't need it.

I for one am so tired of hearing that. I never expect to be rich, By some standards I'll always be a poor man. But it is time to cut spending. If we cannot cut spending enough to balance the budget then and only then should we talk about a tax hike.

And if there simply is no other way, then that tax hike should be across the board. 1%, 2%, 3%, what ever it takes. but it should be every taxpayer. And this deal where people get back $2000 or more when they haven't paid anything in? Forget it. that needs to go also.

So first cut spending
2nd, cut refunds that are actually give aways.
3rd raise taxes across the board.

4th listen to the people cry starting with number 2
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

tax hikes on the rich won't anger me.....

cut tax loopholes and watch the rich scream...that's bad to all you neo-cons.....

cut collective bargaining to the middle class and poor....you neo-cons say "that's ok...it's needed"....

go figure.....

again, you guys want to stick it to the poor and middle class......

ytowner

The hell with these budget cuts. Let's raise the taxes of Ohioans at astronomical rates.. That should do the trick...

Let's see what will anger more Ohioans..
Tax Hikes
Spending Cuts..

I'll take the first one... We NEED to make cuts and this is just one area that needs overhauled!

Dan Moadus

Again I ask; what programs are you talking about? You're the one talking about cutting programs, I am simply asking you what programs are being cut?

irishbobcat

You asked me what programs I would cut?

So, I'm asking you.....

If you want government to cut support to programs.....

who will fund them?

Dan Moadus

irishbobcat

If Government won't support these programs, who will, Dan?

Will the rich roll up their sleeves, open their checkbooks, and do it?

doubt it....

Dan Moadus

How would cutting programs hinder recovery and growth? And why would any corporation assume the funding of a program that is cut?

irishbobcat

Cutting programs in this economy would continue to hinder recovery and growth....

Is corporate America going to support cut programs through donations and offer any financial

assistance???  Ahh, I don't think so.....

Dan Moadus

Dennis, if you aren't willing to tamp down public employee compensation, just how do you propose to close the 10 billion dollar gap between funding and spending. Now I know you will say tax the wealthy more, but I was just wondering if you might be for any spending cuts?

irishbobcat

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Public workers jammed the Statehouse today as the Ohio Senate continued to hear testimony on a bill that would eliminate collective bargaining rights for state employees and change the rights of local government employees.

The workers, many wearing bright red T-shirts, filled the Statehouse atrium and rotunda while others milled about outside. They voiced their opposition loudly, sometimes echoing into the Senate hearing room and competing with the speakers testifying in support of Senate Bill 5. The State Highway Patrol estimated the crowd at 1,800.

Extra security was out in force.

The bill is sponsored by Republican Sen. Shannon Jones of Springboro. Jones testified last week that changes to the 27-year-old collective bargaining law are necessary to help local governments deliver services to taxpayers while dealing with declining revenues.

Labor leaders and workers, however, see the legislation as an assault on unions. They say that Republicans who control the House, Senate and governor's office are pushing a national GOP effort to de-fund unions that have historically backed Democrats.

Also mixed in with the throng of union workers were some Tea Party activists who support the bill.

Dan Moadus

I don't know if you know this, but there are bus loads of people converging on the Statehouse today in support of the bill. The Portage county tea party has a couple of busloads going.

irishbobcat

Dan, no....you are wrong on this issue, but you won't change your mind, so why bother arguing with you?

The state capitol is packed with opponents of SB5, the bill to end collective
bargaining rights for public workers. It looks like the hearing on SB5 may be
extended well into the evening.

Please attend the YSU Rally against SB5 on Monday, February 21 at 4:30pm.....

Dan Moadus

You mean there is nothing to debate when you can't, don't you?

irishbobcat

Dan, then there is nothing more to debate. Good day, Sir.