News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Democratic Party's Respect For The Flag

Started by Towntalk, September 06, 2008, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Forget Boy Scouts Elmo, Democrats hate the Boy Scouts of America as much as they hate Republicans because the BSA will not lower its standards to allow Gay Scout Masters etc.

These are BRAND NEW flags that could very well have been turned over to the various veterans groups as you suggested.

Why would you want BRAND NEW flags destroyed? Thousands of dollars were spent on those flags from money that AMERICANS donated to the Party for this years campaign.

SHAME ON THE DNC and SHAME ON ANY DEMOCRAT WHO WOULD JUST SIT BACK AND SAY NOTHING!

Elmo-Ytown

What would be the proper way to dispose of so many flags?

I know that if you are disposing of one it is proper to have a ceremony, normally where the flag is cut into different sections, which are burned one at a time. Also, someone would normally talk about what each part of the flag represents as it is being burned. Would you do this with one, and just burn the rest whole?

They could have donated these flags to a veterans group to put out on graves, or to be used in parades/other events. Or they could have given them to a group like the Boy Scouts who would have taken the time to dispose of them correctly.

Towntalk

I was wondering that myself. They spend big bucks on Obama souvenirs and crazy hats and they  even drag home the state signs, but toss the American flags into the trash ... that doesn't say very much about them as individuals, but when you consider the fact that they see nothing wrong with burning the American flag at protest rallies I guess its par for the course.

Look at how folks had to shame Obama into wearing a Flag lapel pin.

I just wonder what Democrats like Charlie Rangel, a decorated Vet would have to say about it. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate seeing the flag he fought for tossed into garbage bags.

I don't care where the flags were made ... they still are the Stars And Stripes and that's all that matters to me.

ytowner

May seem dumb... But it was a mistake to put them in a trash bag. That is not something you do to the American flag.
My biggest question: Why did those in attendance not bring them home, but rather throw them on the ground..

Towntalk

Denver Post
9/6/08

Republican Recycling
by David Harsanyi on September 6, 2008

This morning, Republicans tell me that a worker at Invesco Field in Denver saved thousands of unused flags from the Democratic National Convention that were headed for the garbage. Guerrilla campaigning. They will use these flags at their own event today in Colorado Springs with John McCain and Sarah Palin.
Before McCain speaks today, veterans will haul these garbage bags filled with flags out onto the stage — with dramatic effect, no doubt — and tell the story.
"What you see in the picture I sent you is less than half of total flags," a Republican official emailed. "We estimate the total number to be around 12,000 small flags and one full size 3×5 flag."
I'm not sure what the DNC was supposed to do with unused hand-flags, frankly. But the Republicans are obviously questioning someone's patriotism here.

I don't know how to post photos here but have a copy of the picture referenced in the above.