News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Shot Spotter - Friday, January 22

Started by jay, January 21, 2010, 02:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I too live on the North Side down near YSU ... and its reasonably quiet here. I usually don't hit the sack till 2:30 AM and haven't heard all the gun shots that some folks in other areas of the North Side seem to hear. It's certainly not a war zone.

Of course we're patroled both by YPD and the University Police.

woozle

I live on the Northside of town.. Sometimes it sounds like a free for all, down somewhere around Elm st. Ohio, Crandall ave.. I'm not going out to pin point it.. And something else that puzzles me, someone in my neighborhood is burning wire only at night or during a rain storm.. that has been going on for years..

northside lurker

About where do you live woozle?  I know there has been gunfire in/near my neighborhood recently, but I haven't heard gunfire for over a year. (except new years eve, at midnight ::))

I suppose the demonstration has already taken place today.  Does anyone have any information to share?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

My friend living near South Avenue and Midlothian also claims to hear gunfire almost every day.

woozle

Well they need them to cover the whole city to tell you the truth... I hear gunfire just about every night at my house..

jay

The grant was for $530,000.

The Shot Spotter Company has installations in 52 cities.

Our system will cover 2 square miles in an undisclosed part of the city.

woozle

Give a little more detail Jay... the people don't know what your talking about when you are so vague..

jay

I've heard that the Shot Spotter information will be presented on Friday, January 22.

Questions
Does anyone know the time and location of the presentation?