News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Goodbye Cedars

Started by Towntalk, December 08, 2012, 02:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

folks do not worry cedar's will rise up from the ashes to become stronger and better. Springtime is rebirth.

Towntalk

That might be a good idea Jay, considering the fact that most of the good spaces downtown are already taken, and I'm sure that the owners are open to any and all ideas at this point, but is the Wonder Bread building available, or has there been any indication that it will be put on the market any time soon, several groups are looking to purchase Hostess, and they might just want to keep the building.

They might also consider locating near the university and there are some buildings on Logan Avenue that might be considered, or even Belmont Avenue.

I'm anxious to hear what the Simon's finally decide to do, because The Cedars is an institution that shouldn't be allowed to die.

jay

I think the Cedars folks would prefer a downtown location but I also feel they should consider the former Wonder Bakery Building in the Garden District on the west side.

This location has plenty of parking in front and on the lot to the west.
A member of the band, The Zou, already lives in the Garden District.

Towntalk

So long, Cedar's

http://www.vindy.com/news/2012/dec/16/so-long-cedars/

Before there was a Lemon Grove or any other saloon/greasy spoon eatery other than the fast food restaurants in 20 Federal Plaza West, there was the Cedars which stood as an institution for college age youth, and now it's gone, at least for now, and nothing that the Lemon Grove can ever hope to do will take its place.

This Vindicator article says it all, and certainly more than I could ever say.

Will The Lemon Grove ever be able to have these things said about them, or for that matter any other downtown eatery/saloon? I seriously doubt it.

Jacob and his fellow hangers on may take credit for reviving interest in downtown Youngstown, but in the final analysis, when the final chapter is written, it was the owners of the Cedars, their patrons, and the bands that played there that deserve all the credit.

Youngstownshrimp

Rick Rowlands

According to the article the owner of Cedars is who sold the building, so I would guess there should be enough money to move.

irishbobcat

Always tough for establishments when new property owners take over. Just wonder if the Cedars folks have enough cash saved away to move into a new location?

Towntalk