News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Patronize Downtown Youngstown Day - Thursday, April 8

Started by jay, April 07, 2010, 10:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Rushblvd

Mom and I ate at Cafe Cimmentos for lunch..very good..

jay

Ate lunch at the Food Court
Made some copies at Pig Iron Press
Paid my water bill at city hall

cc4

I just enjoyed some barbecued chicken pizza from Pizza Joe's and some wedding soup from the Capitol Grill.

Shar

If you own rental properties the city water department will be happy to send you copies every month of the water bills so that you can see if your tenants are paying the monthly bill.  No reason to let anyone run up 2 years of water bills.

Youngstownshrimp

Not many know this policy of the City wherein, if you rent out let's say your parents old home and the tenants have a personal water account.  If the tenant does not pay the water let's say for two years and the City never shut the water off because of an infant in the house, the owner of the property is stuck with the bill.  Let's say the tenant broke the toilet seal and the water ran wide open for a month and never called you?  Yea, an open ended credit card.  Our great leaders, never understood why this policy would lower the demand for investment property in YTown.  This is one reason why I learned right away that investing in housing in YTown is a bad idea.  Also I learned that property values are low because of this and other one sided policies the City has.

northside lurker

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on April 08, 2010, 07:37:07 AM
We always go downtown to pay for other peoples water bills.

That's nice of you.  I only pay my own.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Youngstownshrimp

Yea, I'm going downtown this morning to commonwealth title to sign papers, while down there, I think I might buy some coffee.  We always go downtown to pay for other peoples water bills.

northside lurker

I get my hair cut regularly downtown, but on Fridays, because that's more convenient for me.  I do all of my banking downtown, but again, never on Thursdays.  I've bought clothing (hats) downtown, too. (but I don't need new hats very often)  It's not that hard to spend money downtown without eating or drinking.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

What else can you do downtown other than eat or spend money on government? I spend thousands of dollars in Youngstown, but since building products companies aren't located downtown those expenditures don't count.  I also don't spend money solely on these patronize days, I buy when I need something.

Why?Town

I dare someone to do something on the list that doesn't involve eating.

jay

For Forum Members & Friends
Downtown Youngstown
Stimulate The Economy Day

Thursday, April 8
All Day

Invite Your Friends And Neighbors
Have Breakfast, Buy Lunch, Have Dinner
Get A Haircut, Buy Clothing, Make Copies,
Have Clothing Repaired, Get A Watch Repaired,
Work Out At the YMCA, Shop The Rummage Sale,
Pay Your Water Bill, Buy A Lottery Ticket,
Buy Tires For Your Car, Visit A Pawn Shop,
Have A Professional Photograph Taken,
Shop For A Guitar, Do Some Banking,
(use coupons from the Entertainment book)
Spend A Few Dollars In Downtown Youngstown
$1     $5     $10     $20     $50

If you participate, please tell us how you supported a downtown business.