News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Almost Hit Twice While Crossing The Street Downtown

Started by jay, April 16, 2022, 08:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I was almost hit by vehicles while crossing a street in downtown Youngstown.

First Incident
I was crossing Market Street at a corner and was few feet short of making it to the opposite sidewalk when a woman on a mobility scooter drove up behind me and then cut in front of me to beat me to the curb ramp.  She almost ran over my foot.

Second Incident
I was standing on a corner waiting for the light to change.  The traffic signal started to change so cars approaching from the right slowed down and stopped as the light turned yellow and then red.  The crosswalk signal now indicated "Walk".  I took about eight steps off the corner when I heard the sound of a car coming from the side street and making a left turn in front of me.  I immediately realized that my forward movement and trajectory of the drivers sharp left turn were going to intersect.  I froze in the crosswalk with my heart starting to race.  Fortunately the driver finally slowed to a stop and let me cross.