News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Lemon Grove Update Photo

Started by jay, July 02, 2009, 03:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

it is refreshing that there is a place to go after hours to enjoy music and good breakfast dishes in the wee hrs of the early morning. i do miss spenlid restaurant and fred's new life. i am showing my age. :-X

unique09

Thank you for the updates. I'll probably try and get down there one day next week. I like to drink iced tea, so I hope they have iced tea. It is amazing how hard it is to find places that have decent iced tea and allow refills. Also, I find the customer service at most places totally awful. And, I don't ask for alot in that area, just have food/drink that is fit to eat/drink, and act as though my business is appreciated. But, at many places(especially Panera), this seems like asking to much as a customer. I like to do crossword puzzles, sudoko, read the paper and just relax. When I meet people willing to talk, I enjoy having conversations about a variety of topics, and also enjoy good music, poetry readings and the type of things Lemon Grove's website states they hope to offer. That is why I've been eagerly awaiting the opening, because I think this area is truly lacking for this type of establishment, I really enjoy being in Downtown Y-Town.

iwasthere

unique09 you will not be disappointed with the lemon grove. i was the first customer to have a cup of coffee last night. the coffee was hot and tasty. a couple a panni sandwich that they enjoyed immensely.

jay

Unique09,

I made a visit to the Lemon Grove today while participating in Downtown Day.  The owner said he is opening tonight for coffee only.  Additional services will be added over the weekend.

unique09

Does anybody know when this place is going to open? I have been anticipating the Lemon Grove opening ever since Cedar's closed their restaurant. I'm truly hoping it will be a place similar to Cedar's in regards to the diversity of the customers, and being a place where all people can feel comfortable. This area is badly hurting for such a place since Cedar's closed their restaurant, and I hope Lemon Grove opens soon and is able to fill the huge void that has resulted from the restaurant part of Cedar's being closed.
I hope Lemon Grove is more along the line of Cedars than a place like Rosetta Stone, Imbibe or Barley's. In my opinion, Rosetta Stone and Imbibe appeal to more of an upscale, suburban type crowd, while Barley's is more geared toward those in their late teens and 20's. I'm not saying those places are bad places, just that I hope Lemon Grove offers a totally different atmosphere than the places which already exist Downtown.

iwasthere

rome did not take this long to built.

jay

I passed the Lemon Grove today.  The building is still under construction.  They will probably open in early August.

ytowner

unique09

Does anybody know when Lemon Grove will be opening?

jay

This photo was taken over the weekend.  Without any further delays, the owner would like to be open on July 23.

unique09

I have been anticipating the opening of the Lemon Grove for several months. I checked the web site, and now the expected opening date is July 20th.

I was saddened when Cedar's closed the restaurant part of the establishment, because I tire from going to chains where customer service is of little importance, and was also looking forward to sitting on the patio in the Summer.

I refuse to go to Panera because of issues I've had with the quality of service and also the quality of some items I have ordered. I do not like Starbucks, and I get tired of the way people act at places like McDonald's, Wendy's, Arby's, etc, and this includes the employees. I hope this is a place one can relax, have an enjoyable time, have good service, good food/drink and at reasonable prices.

jay

Workers were installing insulation panels on the front of the building today.

If needed, click on the photo for a Larger View.