News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Tailgating Downtown

Started by jay, September 02, 2008, 10:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

In the past, YSU provided free bus service from the Wick Avenue parking deck to the stadium.  I'm sure that if enough people tailgated downtown, YSU would also provide shuttle service "up all those hills to Stambaugh."

Elmo-Ytown

I think it would be cool if the downtown restaurants, especially BW3 and places like it had a gameday "event". It wouldn't have to be an actual event, but maybe specials on the food, a big screen set up in the outdoor seating areas, ect. would be cool.

The tailgate lot isn't for everyone, I'd much rather sit downtown and eat, and maybe even watch the game from there than go to the tailgate lot, it's just to crowded for me.

ytowner

As a Penguin fan that goes to all the games, I would NOT want to do the 10-15 minute walk up all those hills to Stambaugh. The beauty of Stambaugh is the fact that tailgating is just 5 minutes away from the stadium and all the Penguin fans are near eachother, as opposed to all over the place.

Towntalk

jay

In my opinion, YSU football games don't help downtown Youngstown very much.  Why can't we extend tailgating to the downtown area?  We could use the various parking lots that are not used much on the weekends.  Some of the food and drinks could be purchased from downtown restaurants.

Anyone want to start a new sports tradition in downtown Youngstown?