News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Rusty River Festival - Anything new to report?

Started by jay, April 22, 2007, 05:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime Hughes

Heres the scoop:

I talked to Steve, he said that everyone at the B & O was wonderful, they supported him and loved the idea of the festival. But I guess the event planner didnt like the idea, and continued to give him a hard time.

He has moved the festival to Cedars, which will consist of the whole building, the banquet hall will be for art, and outside will be for the stage...

Jaime Hughes

Greetings All;

I contacted the creator, Steve Novotny, he didnt answer his phone so I left him a message about the B & O and if the festival was still going on in that location. As far as I know nothing has changed and the festival will still be going on at the B & O.

As soon as he contacts me back, I will post what he has to say. I know that he was having trouble with the Chevy Centre, but that has been resolved and then he moved to the B & O Station. I didnt think that there were any more problems with the festival.

My question is, I understand that it's a music and arts festival, but with the recent problems with the other Catholic School Festivals, I wonder what they will do in the way of security...if they have enough cops covering the event etc etc?

Again, when he calls me back I will let you all know.

P.S...I planted flowers at the Park Ave home! If you see that there in need of water...please....FEEL FREE to water them for me! There near the walkway! I figured some color wouldnt kill the streetscape!

jay

I heard the location for the Rusty River Festival may have to be changed.  Insiders claim there is a problem with the management at the B&O location.

jay

An email is going around asking the younger members of our community to attend the Youngstown Arts & Entertainment District Association (YAEDA) meeting on Wednesday, April 25.
Is the the Rusty River Festival going to send a representative?

Jaime Hughes

We thought the same thing, thus the reason why we turned to the Chevy Centre for our venue site. But for someone who wants us to be supporters of downtown Youngstown, they weren't very reluctant to helping us. This is why we turned to the B & O. But none the less I think it will be a very positive thing for Youngstown.

Once we get posters, I will be sure to give you some, of course...I have a feeling we'll be holding a few informative meetings to answer any initial questions that the public might have on RRF!

Thanks!

jay

I checked the Rusty River website today.  The reasons for not using the Chevrolet Centre are very interesting.  I never knew so much red tape awaits anyone who wants to use our building.  We, the city taxpayers, own that building.

jay

What was the reason for the change of date and location?

When the event posters are available, I would be willing to distribute some of them.

Jaime Hughes

Well, to my knowledge....the Rusty River Festival has moved to the B & O on July 22, 2007. Some bands are playing like The Kellys, The Zou, Asleep, Futuregrass, Tilt 360, Harlequins Voice, Finding Mike Vegas and much much more.

www.myspace.com/rustyriverrocks

or contact creator Steve Novotny at rustyriverrocks@hotmail.com , he would be more than happy to answer any additional questions that you may have.

Thanks for the support everyone! Hope that this message finds everyone well and I hope that your enjoying the beautiful weather!!

jay

Is there anything new to report about the Rusty River Festival?
Which bands are playing?