News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Rusty River Festival - Anything new to report?

Started by jay, April 22, 2007, 05:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

If the Rusty River Festival is going to continue with the environmental theme, I would suggest trying to recruit members from the Mahoning Valley Audubon Society to be on your committee next year.

Towntalk

Steve:

While your at it, don't forget to let Dan Rivers (WKBN - AM) know what your plans are so that the local Clear Channel stations can promote them for you.

ForumManager

Hi rusty river,
Thanks very much for the info.
I went to your link and the title says rusty river is canceled.
http://www.myspace.com/rustyriverrocks
Is this true?
The page loads faster now.

jay

Thanks for the information.  I will attend and will also email friends about the festival.

Towntalk

Jay:

Here is the link to everything you want to know about the Rust River do:

http://myspace.com/rustyriverrocks

This should answer all your questions. It's huge and will take a couple of minutes to open up so be patient. It has a ton of stuff (graphics) that have to open up.

jay

I'll check with the Cedars tomorrow.  If the restaurant doesn't have posters for the Rusty River Festival, then I'll assume the event is not going to take place.

jay

I still would like to have an official poster for this festival.
Which bands are performing and at what times?
When does the festival start and end?
Is the event outside Cedars too?   If so, is it in the parking lot or on the street?

Other than on this forum, I haven't seen any other publicity for the Rusty River Festival.

ForumManager

I have a cable connection and it takes forever to load. With less bandwidth there could be a timeout.  Probably too many embedded images from the CD label images and the  friend's pages and then there's the music players too.  Typical  of myspace pages.

jay

Is anyone having a problem viewing the Rusty River myspace?  Every time I connect to the website my computer freezes after only partially loading the page

ForumManager

No problem about the third party thing.  I asked. My fault.
The bar to bar idea sounds great but probably a lot of work to coordinate.

Jaime Hughes

Sorry, I forgot about the third party rule. Steve's shy and doesn't do public speaking at all, so a lot of times my partner and I have to do to the talking. He's one of those people that really wants to help the community but wants to stay out of the limelight.

I know for a fact that they will not be closing any of the streets for this event. They had troubles with gettig permits at first, and now it's because the liability of closing any streets off, and insurance purposes...it's just too expensive.

Our original idea was to do a SXSW (South By Southwest) venue idea...where they walk from bar to bar to hear different bands. We could have incorporated the whole downtown and all the area businesses...

I believe there are posters, I will scan it and post it on here...I dont know how else to get it to you any of you! :-)

jay

Are there any Rusty River Festival posters to distribute?  I would be willing to post them at some businesses around town.

ForumManager

Sorry, shouldn't have  asked that.  As always, let's try to refrain from the third party information line ...he said, she said.
It is good news that they have found another venue.  Cedars is a good choice and they often host community related events.
Will they close Hazel to accommodate a crowd?

Jaime Hughes

This is what Mr. Novotny said to me, he said that the person he had to deal with on a daily basis, who was in charge of helping take care of everything at the B & O, was not very receptive to helping.

Check out Rusty Rivers myspace...you can message him there and ask questions.

ForumManager