News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Eatery Closes

Started by jay, November 23, 2016, 09:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Irishbobcat on November 25, 2016, 01:19:00 PM
I remember touch the moon wanted to put something in as well next to Roberto's like a bakery or something......
lack of funding for the touch of the moon project

Irishbobcat

I remember touch the moon wanted to put something in as well next to Roberto's like a bakery or something......

JoyceFarrell

Rushblvd

Touch the moon is great, but you can't really sit a party of 4...Wasn't Touch the Moon putting in something next to Ruberto's??

jay

Don't forget the Touch the Moon Candy Saloon.  The store sells all types of candy and also sells ice cream.   Guess where it is located.  It's under the Friends eatery with the door facing South Phelps Street.

JoyceFarrell

A "Sweet Shop Ice cream Parlor" would be a good mix. After the theater Mother and I would stop in at Sweetland" at the corner of Wick and Commerce for a treat, and the owner would always come over and have something special for us. Mother was the Assistant Manager of the candy department of a local wholesale house he did business with.

iwasthere

I had several lively conversations with the owners during their tenure at this business, always leaving with a smile on my face. I like ibc  idea an ole fashion soda place with a soda jerk making their specialities for their favorite customers.

Irishbobcat

Maybe an old fashion hot dog and banana ice cream shop needs to move in there.....or the Pig Iron Press......

jay

I've heard that the owners are sick of the "private politics" of the area.  They may move to another state.

JoyceFarrell

Will they be relocating? There are some locations here in the 7th Ward that would welcome them with open arms.

cc4

This is a shame!  I recently took a friend in there for some coffee and dessert.  She commented that

it was just like being back home in Las Vegas.  She especially enjoyed the ambience of the place.

The owners and employees were also very pleasant and accommodating.  Good luck to them in

their new venture and to the employees who must now look for a new place to work. 

Rushblvd

They were taking things out last night- :'(

jay

The Friends eatery on West Federal has closed.

Read the sign taped on the front door.  It trashes a few area officials for causing problems for the family's businesses.