News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Paramount Parking Lot

Started by jay, December 30, 2013, 07:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

jay

This parking lot is still not open.

Peggy Gurney

Oh boy.  This does not sound good at all.
~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

Have they marked off the parking spaces yet?

Yes

AllanY2525

Have they marked off the parking spaces yet?

Peggy Gurney

Yeah it is paved, but not open yet. I wonder what they are waiting for?

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

As of two days ago, this parking lot had not opened.

northside lurker

Based on the preliminary sketches I've seen, there should be about 24 parking spots.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

AllanY2525

The county auditor's website should list the dimensions of the lot that the
theater stood on....this might give us an idea of how many cars could fit on
the lot (ball park estimate )

:)

Towntalk

About how many cars can be parked there?

Youngstownshrimp

Billy,
I was the volunteer General on the Peterson Park in Poland Village for Town-One-Streetscapes.  Most of the sandstone was from Youngstown demolition, Youngstown City Leaders were too Stupid to realize the value and vision of antique sandstone......priceless, not the leaders, the stone.  So.....I hauled the stone to Poland where they were grateful and welcomed my vision to use the stone.
Also check out the Sandstone used in the Reed Memorial Stairway and the Yellow Creek Theatre, other visions that intelligent people have versus the entitled Youngstowners.
Point is, instead of always asking for entitled handouts, those of you who complain need vision and be willing to WORK and build these spaces yourselves!

Billy Mumphrey

Could this area have not been made into a little green park area like they have in Poland Village with maybe a small sound stage for local musicians?
Also could not a park area at this site be where a downtown farmers market could have set up shop?

jay

QuoteNot a big lot that's for sure.

You are correct.  That's has to be one of the smallest parking lots in the downtown.

Billy Mumphrey

Not a big lot that's for sure.