News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown disruption

Started by Towntalk, February 16, 2013, 09:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

rr i rather be safe then sorry. if, i was in my grandfather's shoes back in italy. i would not have left italy because i would had patience to wait and work  up within the ranks of my family business in which they own their own vineyards for wine consumption. my ff could not wait for his share of the vineyards in the business. he went back and forth to united states and italy several times before he settled in usa. rr we should demand that our reps from all parties strong arm the chinese government to set the same standards that we have for clean water, air and other human rights violations or revoke their favorite nation status. do you believe in every thing corp america tells you about their safety procedures. i say go and frack your land until your heart content but rr do your homework , cross your t's and dot your i's then i wish you best of luck in your fracking adventure.

iwasthere

rr i rather be safe then sorry. if, i was in my grandfather's shoes back in italy. i would not have left italy because i would had patience to wait and work  up within the ranks of my family business in which they own thier own vinards for wine consumption. my gf could not wait for his share of the vinards in the business. he went back and forth to united states and italy several times before he settled in usa. rr we should demand that our reps from all parties strong arm the chinese government to set the same standards that we have for clean water, air and other human rights violations or revoke their favorite nation status. do you believe in every thing corp america tells you about their safety procedures. i say go and frack your land until your heart content but rr do your homework , cross your t's and dot your i's then i wish you best of luck in your fracking adventure.

Rick Rowlands

iwasthere, there is no such thing as absolute safety. There is a much greater chance that a hazmat tanker will careen of the I-80 bridges over Meander.  We all take chances everyday.  Your attitude strikes me as one of fear, but fear is not what has historically characterized this country.  You would not have been one of the people who would have emigrated to the US from Europe.  You would have stayed over there in your safe zone.   You would rather see this area stagnate as it has for the past three decades rather than take the chance at prosperity once again. 

The one thing that we have in the US is that we have the ability to clean up our messes. Should some sort of accident happen, we have the ability and technology to clean it up and make it right.  If you are truly concerned with the environment then you want energy development to happen here and not in China, India or some third world nation.   They dump in rivers and on the ground and don't care.  Not us.  Look at the care being put into the D&L spill response.  Although Hagan would try to make it sound as if the response is being done wrong, the fact is that they are doing the best job possible at cleaning up the mess. 

Maybe you need to come into the 21st century and leave your old ways of thinking behind. Business is conducted differently today, and old timers like you and Lupo just don't have a place in this new way of doing things.

iwasthere

i questioned their wisdom and their methodology on the meander well. is that accusing them of malpractice? no, it is a fair question in this gas and oil debate.

Youngstownshrimp

Iwasthere said it, not me.  He believes in teaching our youth liberal education.
And.....he is more educated in ODNR affairs wherein, he accuses them of malpractice.

iwasthere

i do not know why the state gave out this permit. did a st inspector go out in person to look where the well was going to be drilled or did the inspector look at the specs from his computer while they were in their home office? the last answer to your question is because they like the way i teach bleeding hrt liberal education in the classrm.

Youngstownshrimp

Why did the State issue a permit to drill then in the Meander area?   Why did the State issue you a permit to teach?

iwasthere

ytownshrimp there are more then one gas and oil co that has caused problems in other communities from fracking. i do not want a gas and oil well that has potential to leak that is by meander lake that is drinking water for mah cty residents. if you want to frack go to corp farms and frack thier lands that is where you will meet your pro fracking frds

Youngstownshrimp

>:( So because a Gay owned restaurant had bad service, we need to shut all Gay owned restaurants down.  This is Iwasthere's rationale in crying out that all in the gas industry are polluters. 
Iwasthere, you are ignoring the issue on "Frackfree Youngstown."  You ignore the poor of Youngstown when you and your ilk protest for a ban on drilling in Youngstown, this stand is very dangerous financially for Youngstown's poor.

Rick Rowlands

Downtown does need to be its own ward.  I do not see how one person could handle the NE corner of the city as well as take care of all of downtown. 

iwasthere

Quote from: Why?Town on February 16, 2013, 03:25:08 PM
iwasthere,

maybe you being a regular gets you the personalized service and bs ing that kept stewie from getting good service. I've seen it happen before and even experienced it at other establishments.
sorry i do not accept your explanation for stewie lies. all personal at roberto's treat all customers the same when they are dining at this restaurant. the owner bs when his day is done in the kitchen or a lull in dinner orders. the two owners do put fire under the waiters's feet when they tend to slack in giving good service towards the customers.

stewie

A downtown business associations would help! Or the City could have told the Vindy that all employees were getting a 5% raise and oh bye the way, we are replacing the waterline here and the road will be closed for a week.  Then the vindy would have put it on the front page and everyone would have known about it before it started.

Why?Town

Quote from: iwasthere on February 16, 2013, 02:49:55 PM
stewie i am a reg customer there and you just told all lies.
iwasthere,

maybe you being a regular gets you the personalized service and bs ing that kept stewie from getting good service. I've seen it happen before and even experienced it at other establishments.

iwasthere

stewie i am a reg customer there and you just told all lies.

iwasthere

stewie you are wrong about roberto's being dead for six months. they have a brisk lunch hr but the evenings are booked tables for roberto's. lindsey and ag should be working together for the betterment of the ytown dt. gilliam promised to start a bus assc three yrs ago but she never started  nor completed this project. i would like to have the ytown dt to have its own rep on council or wards start at the ytown dt then fanout.