News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Youngstown Club

Started by Towntalk, February 01, 2013, 08:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

roberto"s and cafe cimmento's is upscale with the prices. i am at fault from time to time with my dress at certain functions. since i gained wieght i feel very uncomfortable wearing a suit and tie.

Rick Rowlands

Alberini's is fairly upscale.  Either of them.

irishbobcat

Why Town wrote:

"The last time I was there, there were people in dirty ripped jeans, a guy in a toboggan hat, and large, loud party that really ruined the dining experience."

Same can be said for church, funerals, weddings, etc.....I once went to a funeral where I was the only male person in the parlor wearing dress pants, shirt, and tie...and that even included the immediate family of the deceased.

Towntalk

I don't know if you remember them, but the downtown area had three upscale restaurants that were open to the public ... The Mural Room ... The Crystal Dining Room in the old Ohio Hotel ... the main Dining Room at the Tod Hotel. The service at each was impecable ... the food impecable ... the prices quite reasonable ... the atmosphere, the finest. Top shelf all the way. The experience was like dining in the finest restaurants in New York. During it's lifetime, the Voyager also had a fine dining restaurant.

Why?Town

The Springfield Grille was upscale. Now it's just priced that way.

The first time I was there, It was so upscale that I was almost uncomfortable being there.

The last time I was there, there were people in dirty ripped jeans, a guy in a toboggan hat, and large, loud party that really ruined the dining experience.

Oh yeah, when the waiters.waitresses came out singing happy birthday it was really icing on the cake.

Similar experiences at the fifth season.

Apparently the management of these places is OK with it.

Sadly, the Mahoning Valley doesn't seem to have enough people with class to support real upscale restaurants but seems to have enough trashy people with money to bring those places down to their level.

irishbobcat

Does the valley have any upscale restaurants? What area restaurant do you consider upscale?

Towntalk

At least not now. But an upscale restaurant downtown that's open to the public might go, heaven knows that we need one.

irishbobcat

Don't see this flying as well.....

Youngstownshrimp

Hey I puff cheap Filipino cigars before and after the oil boom.
I spoke to Palumbo and .......................I'm not sure this is a good idea.

Towntalk

As wonderful as I am, and as classy as I am, I would never feel comfortable hobnobbing with bank presidents or oil magnets on a social level at a nosh, and I know that most everyone here is in the same position, so why shouldn't the rich and famous have their own eatery without us bashing them?

If any of you want to rub shoulders with your betters, there's nothing stopping you from forking out membership fees.

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on February 01, 2013, 02:33:06 PM
Certainly.  Do you think they want to eat in the same restaurant that the antifrackers eat at?
poltics make strange bedfellow

Rick Rowlands

Certainly.  Do you think they want to eat in the same restaurant that the antifrackers eat at?   

irishbobcat

Yup, the new rich high society fracking folks need their own private club to puff those fat cigars.....

Towntalk

New Youngstown Club

Plan in the works to reopen the Youngstown Club being made by Executive Chef Palumbo who is also co-owner of Dooney's.

. "Downtown is growing and the shale gas industry is bringing in new money," he said. "Clubs like this do have a use."

http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/feb/01/youngstown-chef-has-plans-to-open-new-ci/