News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Needy Families in Youngstown....

Started by Jaime Hughes, November 07, 2010, 12:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime Hughes

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better...it's not."<-- Dr. Seuss.

Last year we had a beautiful turnout of people on this forum baking goods, giving gently used items and helping local families that are in serious need. I am hoping and praying for a similar turnout as the program as grown since last year. I understand that each year it is getting harder and harder to be able to establish funds for others when it is difficult financially in our own lives....but I am taking anything, if you are a great baker and love to do it bake something yummy for these local families, if you can knit-- create gloves, scarves etc so that they may keep warm during the bitter winter months. Go home and rummage in your closets, garages, rooms etc...find things that aren't totally beat up that other families may benefit from. I am willing to take ANYTHING and EVERYTHING off of your hands (I will even come and pick it up) and I will give to these families on your behalf, and if some of the things can't be used I will deliver them to the local Goodwill and Rescue Mission so that others in our community will benefit from your help and kindness.

Please, these families have children who wish they could have a wonderful Christmas. They are our neighbors in Youngstown that are trying to make ends meet and are actually helping Youngstown become a better place, they are positive, do community service and believe in treating others with kindness and respect. If you can help, or would like to help please contact me, Jaime Hughes at JaHughes330@yahoo.com. There are no gifts big or small, they are all important when a family has nothing.

Jaime Hughes

It's that time again this year I am again sponsoring a few families for the Holiday Season! There were many forum members that participated last year and I would love to warmly extend the invitation to help your fellow Youngstown Neighbors again this year! Times are tough and if we can't look out for ourselves and eachother then what will become of us?

If you are able to help out please e-mail me at JaHughes330@yahoo.com as soon as possible, I have a list of gifts the children were hoping for this year (many of them being daily items such as tooth brushes and socks....) and the food category this year would be Breakfast Style foods. If you can give just a little bit to these families in need please e-mail me. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to message me. If you know of anyone else that would like to help please send this message their way!

Thanks so much everyone!