News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Watches Made In Detroit USA

Started by jay, December 11, 2013, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I cannot find out if any of their watches are basic automatics.

AllanY2525

Quote from: jay on December 13, 2013, 05:07:44 AM
The global economy is not providing enough jobs to employ the residents of our county.

I strive to
Buy Locally Made
Buy Ohio Made
Buy American Made

Jay,

If manufacturers could get the same components they receive from overseas right here in
the U.S. for the same cost or less, then they would. 

The assembly lines ARE providing jobs here.  It is not realistic to expect every part for every
product or device manufactured in the U.S. to come FROM the U.S. in this day and age.

Consider that assembly lines in other countries make products that have American parts
content, also.  3-D printing technology could help our manufacturing segment compete
in the global economy where parts and components are concerned.

Show me an "American" car that is 100% "American" made, right down to very last nut and bolt,
and I'll buy it when I need a new vehicle - PROVIDED it has comparable safety, quality, durability,
fuel economy, etc as it's foreign competitors in the same class of vehicle

Youngstownshrimp

I like it, as one who has always owned fine time pieces, I will look into this company.  I wear a Tissot "SeaStar" (automatic) every day now. Two summers ago, my "Rado" divers watch was relieved of me by two thugs in my driveway. Now I have to revert back to my Military training and arm myself ....constantly in the hood.  I will not disclose what my dress watch is?

Towntalk

Recently, I read an interesting article where the President of Russia is upset at the fact that Russian companies are moving their headquarters "offshore" and using materials imported from countries that can make the parts cheaper than they can be made in Russia. It will be interesting to see how Russia deals with the problem.

jay

The global economy is not providing enough jobs to employ the residents of our county.

I strive to
Buy Locally Made
Buy Ohio Made
Buy American Made

AllanY2525

Towntalk raises an interesting point - many goods manufactured on
assembly lines these days use parts from places all over the world.

My Ford Expedition was assembled in Kentucky - with parts from
England, France, Germany and Japan as well as parts made in the U.S.

Honda builds the Accord in Marysville Ohio and Mercedes Benz
builds two of their cars in Alabama.

Welcome to the global economy.....

jay

The company started with six employees.  Shinola Detroit now employees about 200 workers.

Towntalk

Excuse me Jay, but they're assembled in Detroit with parts made in Switzerland, so technically they can not be said MADE IN AMERICA any more than most American cars.

jay

jay

I saw this on the ABC News today.

Shinola watches are made in Detroit, Michigan.
shinola.com