News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Why did you guys piss Rick off?"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, January 07, 2013, 12:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

ytown shrimp you did have a good idea but your legal council and the city law dept did not know which end of paperbag was open. you were left with egg on face due to incompetent lawyers.

Youngstownshrimp

Rick,
Sorry buddy get use to it, look at this old time shrimp farmer and how I am still in muni court fighting this third world injustice.  I never made my living growing shrimp, when Jay Williams promised a new beginning and community organizers like Kidd and Novotney and Kitchen and MyCap and all the other Pork jobs impressed me back then to help revitalize YukTown........look what it got me, shackled and booked. 
Thank God capitalism thru Global energy rode into YukTown to shore up us free enterprise thinkers.  In a way, the Great one handles all the injustice in the end, I'm very blessed today and Youngstown with its uncorupted land rewarded me, and not the people I tried to help.

Rick Rowlands

I did take a break for a while. 

One of my pastimes is discussing politics, and I enjoy the conversations and debates that we have here on various issues.  I hope that the free discussion of ideas is productive for all of us.  We may disagree and I may be diametrically opposed to some of you, but I do not take that beyond this forum.  I do not hold personal grudges, would not try to sabotage any project that any of you care about, and would not publicly try to cause any of you harm.  But when these discussions turn into grudges and go beyond the transfer of ideas and opinions to actively going out into the community to disparage myself and my organization, then that person has crossed the line and is something that I will not tolerate.  I have spent over 18 years and raised over $200,000 to construct a facility where current and future generations can come to learn about our industrial heritage.  Not a single dime of taxpayer money has been or will be spent on this facility, and I will never draw a paycheck from it.  I have given up a good paying career on the railroad to come back to Youngstown to build this museum. 

The number of people in this valley that has made as much of a commitment to Youngstown as I have are few in number.  This community needs more people who will set aside their own ambition and instead give back to Youngstown in a meaningful way.  But instead of supporting me and my efforts some have decided that they would rather make it more difficult for me to succeed.   I do not understand that.  Go ahead, disagree with me on this forum all you want.  Please try to persuade me of the folly of my beliefs with your superior arguments.  That is perfectly fine. But do not turn these discussions into personal animosity.   That is crossing the line of civil discourse.

iwasthere

tt and ytown shrimp he is a big boy. he can make up his own mind, fight for himself and remember this motto, "sticks and stones may brk my bones, names will never hurt me." the names that people called me in the past and will in the future are pt of life. i google myself a few yrs ago and the garbage that people said about me was unbelievable. i shruged it and i am still standing.

Towntalk

If he's stopped posting, this is sad because I got a lot of good info about the steel industry from him, and when I was ready to write off this site, he encouraged me to stay connected.

Youngstownshrimp

I think we need to call Rick and tell him we miss him.

irishbobcat

Ron, Thanks for the compliment... After years of fighting with you I felt it was time to bury the hacket and mellow out with you as well.....meeting face to face helps...hiding behind the computer screen hurts....maybe one day soon I'll do the same with Rick, Sarge, and Whytown...

Youngstownshrimp

Oh!  just read the archives here when I was bashed , unsupported and rediculed on this site for years and very few here supported my attempt to help YukTown flourish.
Rather I had to fight off the likes of Novotny who sucked up tax money for deconstruction and Kidd, who now there seems to be a movement denouncing him as a carpet bagger seeking another nonprofit office.  Irishbob, though is a class act person who after years of fighting has shown me how to mellow out.

iwasthere

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on January 07, 2013, 12:04:15 PM
I see everyone seemed to gang up on Rick, "can't we all just get along?"
ytownshrimp we DO get along. we respect each other opinions but i will not allow anyone get away with insults towards other bloggers with personal attacks on this blog. i live by the motto, "if you cannot take it, do not dish it out".

Towntalk

???  Just who is everyone? I may not always agree with him, or anyone else here, but I respect him and his endevers. Heck, there are times when I don't even agree with myself. It can get pritty antsey here when I find myself in total disagreement with myself, but I've played devils advocate for so many years that it's hard to change.

Youngstownshrimp

I see everyone seemed to gang up on Rick, "can't we all just get along?"