News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"The Culinary Arts Institute now serving Youngstownshrimp"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, October 07, 2010, 11:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

What benefit, organizing the entitled into a voting block to create jobs for themselves and for their political ambitions?  Today I spoke with a restaurant who was asked by the YNDC to provide their food waste for fertilizer, the restaurant agreed then quit because what they were led to believe was YNDC would take as much as they had because of all the farming the YNDC was creating.  YNDC only took enough for someones grandfathers garden, how much funding does this agency get and what are their salaries?  I bet better than yours or mine.

northside lurker

When I buy and restore "my" house on the north side, I will have had no help from the YNDC, MVOC, or any other activist, possibly just help from friendly neighbors.  However, I still support those organizations because I see the benefit of their existence for our community.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Youngstownshrimp

The Culinary Arts Institute in Boardman, a Gia Russa affiliate has now accepted delivery of 10 Lbs. of Giant Malaysian Prawns grown on the Eastside to be used for their cooking classes. 

Abandoned land in Youngstown has now been proven to be capable of being productive again.  This project has not been stimulated by any pork, this project has not been supported by any Youngstown leaders, this project has not been supported by the YNDC, MVOC, or any other so called pro Youngstown or Defend Youngstown activist.  Aside from the many hardworking Valley residents who supported this innovation, I give special thanks to Father Noga who's church is a true urban agriculture pioneer and gave me solace when the full weight of the City descended on us.

Also I thank the Mahoning county Farm Bureau and all the farmers of Ohio who continue to pump 9.8 Billion into our country's economy.