News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Mahoning River Energy"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, September 17, 2010, 10:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Today I slipped in a phone call to Atty. Mike Hoza who is the Executive Director of Castlo and ran this idea by him, Castlo borders the Mahoning river.  His response was that if this forum keeps this conversation going, we will have an audience with the Mahoning River Consortium.  He then directed me to call former Mayor Mamula who is the head Guru of the consortium, he took my call and was very interested in the hydraulic ram being applied to the Mahoning river.  As a former teacher, he said that he will study the ram pump and get educated on it and he will even visit this forum.  People, this is an opportunity to transfer our brainstorming here into reality and real time not just cyberspace or wasted space.

Youngstownshrimp

I believe in this forum there is enough innovative minds to point to the direction the County should take.  And I believe that the private sector can spearhead this community project, harnessing the Mahoning river right now with Hydraulic Ram Pumps.  This energy will be free and green, and the return on investment will be rapid flowing like the river.

Large hydraulic ram pumps can pump the water (energy) to our highest topographical levels and stored as potential energy.  Our manufacturing base locally can build these pumps which are very affordable.  Idle construction companies will see business boom and everyone will prosper.

Ecologically this community will be retaining water runoff and help our oceans, the water from the Mahoning river will be filtered and harnessed.  Large inland aquaculture facilities will rush to our area because of the availability of abandoned land and an abundance of a continuous water supply as infinite as the flow of water thru the Mahoning river. 

If there are truly people here who want to better our Valley, chime in, my group has already begun with the experimental inland aquaculture facilities but we need the community's help, YOU to move ahead.