News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Re: Solar Panels

Started by Youngstownshrimp, April 08, 2010, 07:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

This topic was reported to the moderator as being off topic to the discussion of solar panels.
It has been split at the point where it deviates from the subject.
Please keep posts on topic.

Youngstownshrimp

Big question for Bobster, Rick or any intelligent life form.  Does the drive pipe running the fall for the hydropump have to be rigid and straight or will a flexible pipe work as long as the fall ratio is maintained?  I was just at the landsdowne airport east crab creek site and without my level I eyeballed a good fall from 5-10 ' but the creek winds.  With this fall, we can pump up over 100 feet!

irishbobcat

Thanks Shrimp, keep me posted....

Youngstownshrimp

Bobster,  I spoke with the Ram Pump Company today and they are sending out their technical book to us.  They were very impressed with our interest in utilizing the green pumps for irrigation and aquaculture.  They are a Mom and Pop business on the cutting edge.  Instead of the old 1-8 ratio, their pumps are streamlined and have a 1-10 ratio, so if the height of the 224 bridge is 30 feet where we want to pump the water to, we will need to run a fall of 3 feet which is not a problem at Yellow creek.  Vertical and not horizontal matters only in the calculations.  So anyway Bobster, unlike many here, all "flash and no cash!" , I'm running with this baby!  Seriously, I have some help but like I said to you in the beginning, we need the "Green Party" to spearhead this and I will be the Coolie.

Youngstownshrimp

Rick and Bobster, four new ponds dug for the new Ohio Green Shrimp!  Amazing how fast they trucked 100 loads to fill the John White school basement.  Bobster, I'm calling the Hydraulic Ram Company today to speak to them about ordering the Green Pumps.  Since we have four new ponds it looks like I will be acquiring another Hydroram for these new ponds, I believe I have the drop and water for this green technology.