News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Annoying

Started by jay, March 08, 2010, 06:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Rushblvd on March 08, 2010, 12:13:42 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped at the St. Pat's Spaghetti dinner Sun. (7)...If it was not for there help, I would still be cleaning tables, pots & pans, and probably making spaghetti..We did over 600 dinners with the proceeds going to the Dorothy Day House on Belmont ave.      THANK YOU THANK YOU :o
you are welcome/

AllanY2525

It would be nice if people could simply set their phone's on "vibrate", or turn off their
ringers altogether during a concert.

It does take away from everyone's experience when some idiot's cellphone rings in
the middle of a performance.

Rushblvd

Thanks to everyone that helped at the St. Pat's Spaghetti dinner Sun. (7)...If it was not for there help, I would still be cleaning tables, pots & pans, and probably making spaghetti..We did over 600 dinners with the proceeds going to the Dorothy Day House on Belmont ave.      THANK YOU THANK YOU :o

iwasthere

if i was the musical conductor i would told the person to leave the concert hall for the remaining concert. if, the rude person gave opposition i would have left concert with my orchestra in tow to teach the everyone a lesson in the audience on musical concert's manners.

jay

A wonderful concert was given by the Stambaugh Chorus on Sunday.  As the director, Dr. Hae-Jong Lee, was in the process of conducting a selection from Handel's Messiah, a cell phone started to ring in the audience.  Dr. Lee had to stop the performance.  Although he responded with humor and grace, I personally found the call annoying.  Why can't some people just leave their cell phones in the car before attending a cultural performance?