News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Paramount/Liberty

Started by Towntalk, November 14, 2010, 07:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

This postcard was of the era when the Liberty opened and as I recall there were at least two fires in the building over those early years so I suspect that there were a number of changes. Here's the whole postcard.

northside lurker

The women's RR was on the same level as the "upper foyer" at the western corner.

It's really difficult to tell from the images, but maybe the "main rest room" was originally open to the upper foyer, and the men's RR was on the east end of that same level, beyond the seating area?

I was told that there was a major renovation in the 50's, and these look like they were from when the theater originally opened.  So, there may have been significant changes.  But I definitely remember the main house, and the upper foyer.  The women's RR appears to be in the same location, but might have been on a different level.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Thanks Westsider.

Its been so long since I was at the Paramount to see a movie that my memory is vague, but if I'm not mistaken the restrooms were on the upper level as was the office.

When I use to go to the movies I usually went to the Palace and Warner, and occassionally the State.

northside lurker

Thanks for these!  I wasn't able to see the "Main Restroom" with its fireplace, when I went through the building.  Was it above the "Upper Foyer?"
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Some pictures of the Liberty/Paramount in its golden years. Sorry about the quality but they were extracted from an old postcard.