News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Sunday Newspaper

Started by jay, April 12, 2012, 08:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

:)  You sure can. Go to the business office in the old building and tell the clerk what issue you want, and she'll be overjoyed to sell it to you at the regular Sunday price. It's on the first floor.

iwasthere

i forgot to buy the printed copy of the vindicator. can i buy it today at the main office ytown dt?

Towntalk

Did today's paper live up to your expectations? Of all the papers that ran stories about the Titanic, The Vindicator had the best front page.

Why?Town

I could see the original maybe being worth something but even if this Sunday's reprinted as an exact replica, it will still only be an exact replica and I bet they don't even go that far anyway.

iwasthere

the ole proverb comes to mind, "ask and ye shall find".

Towntalk

iwasthere

Towntalk

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Surely you jest :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The daily edition in 1912 sold for 02 cents and the Sunday edition sold for .05 cents.

iwasthere

will the vindicator sell its newpaper at april 12, 1912 price?

Towntalk

The original 1912 papers

Towntalk

No jay, folks that collect historic papers want them in original condition.

1. Purchase an extra paper or two
2. Place the entire paper into a plastic sleeve unfolded other that the way it came.
3. Place the covered papers in a box to keep out light.
4. Keep the box in a cool dry place.

Don't take the saved papers in and out of their sleeves. People don't want papers with folds and creases.

Above all else do not write anything on the papers.

jay

Buy some copies to resell later.

Has an on-line version of anything ever become a collectable?   ???

irishbobcat

Probably will be a reprinting of the Vindy's coverage of the sinking of the Titanic from April 15, 1912......

with info on how Col. Wick drown in the sinking.......

any takers?

Towntalk

Did they say what will be special about it?

jay

People are saying that the Sunday, April 15, 2012 issue of the local newspaper will be a collectable.