News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Re: Police/Fire Scanner Link

Started by yfdgricker, November 14, 2006, 07:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

The feeds are back up and operational for now. I may have to take them offline sometime this weekend to reformat the computer. I didn't get around to that yesterday.

I'll post an update here when I take the feeds offline for upgrades.

ForumManager

No need to apologize, Greg.  Thanks for all you do to make the feeds possible for our community.

yfdgricker

The police and fire feeds are temporarily offline as of 8am on 6/18/2009.

I am having problems with Windows XP on the machine and have pulled it to reformat and reinstall. I hope to have the feeds back up and running some time this evening.

I'll post any updates as I get them.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

yfdgricker

All three feeds are currently down as of 8am on 6/18/2009.

I had to pull the computer due to several problems with Windows XP. I hope to have the computer rebuilt and the feeds operational again by this evening.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

PMDragon

Having trouble with YPD feed, suddenly not working tonight. Tried the new feed (Mah. Valley) it works . But YPD worked for 15 sec. and quit and every time I tried it again it just replays the same 15 sec. and quits, when I stopped it and tried playing it again I get "buffering" but it never starts back up.
thanks for any help.

ForumManager

PMDragon

Thank you, thank you, thank you,  Feed's working better than ever! Clearer audio and less backgroumd hum.  Good Job!! Really appreciate what you do.

yfdgricker

All three feeds are back in normal operations. I've added a link to the YNG/Mahoning Valley feed so you can listen to Youngstown and the surrounding area. That feed is mostly fire with Rural Metro, Clemente EMS and Ohio State Patrol District 4 thrown in for some excitement. Should something big happens and I'm not there, I can control or reprogram the scanner remotely.

Enjoy and thanks for everyone's support. The computer seems to run much faster and looks a whole heck of a lot better. I'll post some pics of my streaming setup soon :)

ForumManager

Hi Greg,
Streams are coming through.
Not sure it the feeds are active since there was no activity...seems like it is working though.
I will leave one until I hear people.
If someone else is a regular listener perhpas they could report.
Thank you so much for providing the feeds.
maxina

ForumManager

Thank you very much for providing the scanner feeds, Greg.
As you can see they are "in demand"!
Your work is greatly appreciated.

yfdgricker

The feeds should be back up this evening (3/16). I had to do some major work on the feed computer. I'm working on getting everything set back up and operational again.

PMDragon

Hi again,
Are the live feeds down? Last night (3/15/09) while listening to YPD feed it suddenly quit and I haven't been able to access it since. Thanks for any help.
PMDragon@neo.rr.com

yfdgricker

Excellent! Good to hear that someone else can access the feeds. Enjoy!

PMDragon

Yes they are working now. Thanks much, really appreciate the time it involves for you to do all this.
PMDragon

yfdgricker

Ok I think the feeds are operational again. I had to reboot the computer. I also had a friend test both the fire and police feeds and he was able to access them. Give it a try and let me know.