News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

2010 Homicide # 4 (South Side)

Started by jde, January 23, 2010, 05:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i was at the press conference and read the vindy article. i say the city officials that responses were so lame and retarded. the residents in ytown should make it mandortary that all city officials take an IQ test before they are seated for thier city chairs's positions. >:( i am surprised by the police chief response saying this area is not hotbed of crimmial activities. he should asked the blockwatches in that area for their opinions concerning his statements. tarpley and williams should have been at all past weekend MASSES at St. Dom's church qualming and q/a the parishioners concerns. these two gutless indvididuals had a noon day press conference when only ones in attendance were council reps, media and few concern citizens. talk about hiding and skirting this murder they sure did ytown residents a favor. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

AllanY2525

Teh Rodef Shalom temple on Elm St. (North Side for the out of town folks) has
had security guards for years when they have religious events outside of normal
services (bar-mitzvahs, bat-mitzvahs, etc).  Their congregation has a lot of
elderly members, also.

You would think that people could at least have some respect for holy ground...

We need more "Video Vigilantes"  in Youngstown, and they city needs to
try and find some way to get the messge across to everyone that they need to
look out for their neighbors and their neighborhood - not just themselves.

God rest that poor old lady's soul....

connie254

It's truly sad that this happened, that St Dom's has to have security for the people to go to Mass.
I do know the what the scum around there think-that whatever they want they can take and don't stand in their way, their mayor will not go after them. Nothing will change, they feel they can take by force whatever they want.
I attended the YSU basketball game last week-lovely area and we felt safe even though there was no way we felt safe driving there from any part of the city.

Time has been long overdue for responsible people to do something that the city govt. won't do.

AllanY2525

Jay,

I would tend to not count a man shot by the police in the course of
performing their duty to protect the public and uphold the law - killing
this maniac was not, in and of itself, a crime because it was done in
the line of duty and it was a "clean shoot".

If someone other than law enforcement had shot him to death, then
it would definitely be a "homicide".

jay

If we include the man fatally shot on the east side by the YPD a few weeks ago, we would now have 5 homicides for the year.

DefendYoungstown

irishbobcat

Such a sad commentary on society today.

Oldmill

No mercy folks . Public execution for this puke !  The time is now.  Time to take back the streets. I doubt the ordinary street thug will read this but if one does...Remember...Be afraid...Be very afraid, the next old person you try to rob may very well be your last. Now is the time for REAL change

Elmo-Ytown

80 years old, robbery gone wrong...... even other criminals ought to hate whoever did this.

jay

The newspaper reported that the victim is from the Brownlee Woods area of the city.

jay

I believe the city had only one homicide in January of 2009.   We've now had four homicides in the first three weeks of 2010.  At this rate, we are in for a deadly year.

I hope not.

jde

At approximately 9:30am on Saturday, January 23, 2010, Youngstown Police were called to Saint Dominic's Church, located at 77 East Lucius Avenue where they found the body of an 80-year-old woman slumped over the steering wheel of her car. Preliminary investigation appears to show a robbery gone wrong.

This is Youngstown's 4th murder of the year and the 1st occurring on the south side.

2010 HOMICIDE BREAKDOWN:
North Side=2
East Side=1
South Side=1
West Side=0
TOTAL=4