News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Found While Walking

Started by jay, May 31, 2022, 09:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

For the past month S. Tuner Rd. has been closed very close to Kirk Rd. due to work being done to the bridge for the Turnpike there. Since I usually walk the dog on the Metroparks Bike Trail we decided to walk on S. Tuner Rd. where the traffic was greatly reduced. It made for a nice change. It has been pretty nice and going from Kirk Rd to New Rd. and back was just about 2 miles.

For the topic at hand, I lost count but I'd say almost a dozen different times I noticed a small box with styrofoam that some type of vape device thing came in. FWIW, I only picked up the first one and put it in an already used doggy poop bag, the others were either run over and in pieces or our doggy poop bag needed to be saved for it's intended use.

Back to off topic, we didn't complete our usual S. Turner Rd. walk today. We did walk south from where the Bike Trail crosses S. Turner to that bridge but as we got closer we noticed the bridge is uncovered and watched the worker's cars usually parked on Turner drive under the bridge and park on the other side. We basically just turned around and hoped for the best on the return to the bike trail. Luckily, the road wasn't open yet but I bet it is by now, 3 hours later.

jay

I usually don't report about litter.
Yesterday I found what appeared to be a flattened aluminum can.
It was actually the foiled packet from a vitamin all natural male enhancer.   :o