News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Coin Shortage & Our Grocery Store

Started by jay, August 17, 2020, 05:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

Quote from: jay on August 17, 2020, 05:48:43 AM

If I'm not mistaken, the coinstar machine deducts a percentage of each transaction.   :P

You are not mistaken. I don't remember what the percentage is but it was high enough 15 yrs ago that stopped at the bank and got some paper wrappers FOR FREE!!

Since that Sparkle won't take rolled coins I wonder what they're reaction would be if I laid down my whole payment in loose coins. I may try some experimenting on that.

Regardless of whatever happens with that, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that some percentage of their percentage goes to whatever store a machine like that is in.

jay

There is a sign on the bulletin board in the lobby of the Cornersburg Sparkle Market.  It basically states that the store does not accept rolled coins in payment for grocery purchases. :P

The sign suggests processing the rolled coins in the coinstar machine which is also in the lobby.

If I'm not mistaken, the coinstar machine deducts a percentage of each transaction.   :P