News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

When the Grocery Store Express Line Isn't

Started by jay, September 15, 2022, 04:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I'm not usually in a rush when I go to the grocery store.

This happened to me the other day.

I was about to purchase 5 items, so I got into the express line.  Two people were ahead of me.  Each had only a few grocery items.  The first person had trouble swiping his credit card.  He had to do it several times.

The person in front of me was being scanned out and then asked the clerk for a pack of cigarettes.  The clerk had to walk somewhere else to get it. This person must have been using an Ohio Direction Card, so she had to pay for the cigarettes with cash.  She swiped her card and then dropped it on the floor.  The card bounced under my shopping cart.  I had to backup so she could get the card.  Next, the woman started to pay cash for the cigarettes.  She gave the clerk some dollar bills and then spent the good part of a minute going through her change purse to find the exact coins she needed.

::)