News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Too Many Junk Newspaper Ads

Started by jay, November 18, 2010, 07:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Another gripe customers have is when they get a paper with a split in one of the pages where a portion is glued on.

What happens is one roll of paper is coming to an end. The pressman makes a quick splice and attaches the next roll while the paper is still moving through the press.

Each unit of the press holds three rolls of paper and assigned 4 pages, and the presses can't be stopped just to change rolls, and the "defective" papers can't be yanked out of the run so a few customers are bound to get a paper that has this defect.

Towntalk

I have to agree with you Rick ... this really is much ado about nothing really.

The ad inserts are placed there by the mailroom department and at the speed the papers come through there are bound to be occasions when more than one each of an ad are placed in the paper.

Rick Rowlands

As I see it you have two options, live with the ads or cancel the paper subscription and read it online. 

jay

I hate getting all the junk ads stuffed inside my newspaper each day.
Among the ad inserts today were
7 copies of the same ad.