News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

We Need Some Rain

Started by jay, June 15, 2016, 10:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

kenneyjoe330

I learned a very important lesson from that storm - please learn from what happened to me  :'(

When a storm is threatened or seems to be approaching - it is a custom at our home to light a holy candle.  Well when this little gale hit I thought - Oh I don't need to light a candle - it will be short and no damage will be done ! ! !   WRONG it knocked over and cut to the ground a magnificent young maple tree.   This tree not only brought it's beauty to our kitchen and my son's bedroom windows it also served to hang the many bird feeders and bird bath we have for our viewing pleasure.  We have a family of pine squirrels, besides regular squirrels, and it was such fun watching them scamper around on the branches and jump to the bird feeder.  Even the neighbors across the street said they will miss such a beautiful tree.  Lesson learned - ACKNOWLEDGE GOD and pray - no matter what  ;)

jay

We got the rain and some really high winds this evening. 

15,000 people are without power in the valley

sfc_oliver

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

It started to rain at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 16.  It poured for about ten minutes and then the rain became lighter.  We will see if we get more rain throughout the day.

jay

Our area has been short on rain for the last month.  Lawns are turning brown.  Only some weeds seem to like these dry conditions.

Rain has been in the forecast but none has fallen so far.