News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown Income Tax Data May Have Been Compromised

Started by jay, January 06, 2016, 07:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

In 2014, my healthcare provider was breached... they offered everyone free credit monitoring
for three years... I took them up on their offer.

:(

joly1584

The press release indicates RITA knows whose info was on the DVD that is missing.  RITA will notify affected people and offer them free credit monitoring.  RITA thinks the DVD may have been destroyed without being properly recorded as destroyed, but are taking necessary precautions. 

My question is this - Is RITA downplaying the problem, by saying the DVD may have been destroyed, or is the media sensationalizing the story by making it sound worse than it is?

AllanY2525

If the company responsible for the information cannot locate it and prove that the information
has not been accessed by unauthorized parties, the citizens of the city should file a class
action suit asking that the company provide identity theft protection for them.

jay

There was a news story today that indicated that a CD of Youngstown city income tax data is unaccounted for by the company that processes the city's income tax collections.