News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Democratic endorsements for Youngstown City Council

Started by Peggy Gurney, March 10, 2015, 06:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

IT IS GOING TO BE AN INTERESTING RACE IN ALL WARDS.

Towntalk

Knowing how you felt about Nate, how did Rick stack up to him?

Peggy Gurney

I got a surprise visit from Rick Alli today.  He is running against Nate Pinkard for 3rd Ward Councilman.
It was.... interesting.
~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

Quote from: iwasthere on March 11, 2015, 06:21:21 PM
the president of council position can be picked by the city council peers thus eliminating a elected position that is ceremonial at its best. this position is to brk ties, attd mayoral duties when the mayor is not available, attends state weddings and funerals and kiss babies and help elderly women across the ytown dt busy sts when the elderly are bar hopping. :o
AND YOU AIN 'T DEAD YET. ;D

Towntalk

Back in my wild youth, I spent some time at a Church farm up in Canada, and all we had were outhouses, and in the summer they got so ripe that even the flys wouldn't go near them, especially after it rained. Sure could have used a gas mask, but the Priests kept telling us that we had it easy compared to the people in Hati, and if we didn't shut up, we would be transfered to the Mission House there.

AllanY2525

I love your humor and expressions Towntalk...we need to ask
the forum owner to add a new penguin icon - one with the little guy
laying sideways, holding his sides and laughing his little butt off...
with tears in his eyes

You may be getting up in years but you are STILL as sharp as a razor, lady.

;D

Towntalk

Oh yes, as to bar hopping, this is one old broad that doesn't do the bar scene. Most of them places smell like old outhouses on a hot summer day after a good rainstorm. :P

AllanY2525

Sammarone is an antique fixture in city politics that needs to retire and
give someone else with some fresh ideas a chance at the job.  He was
Vice Principal at Rayen when I was a student  - over 30 years ago.

Are there still 7 council members (besides president)? If so, how could
there be a tie?

Just wondering....feel free to correct me if I have it wrong.....

:)

Towntalk

Listen here dude ... if some politician tried to walk me across the street downtown, after getting the sharp end of my tongue, he'd walk away with my walker wrapped around his neck, and my cain up his you know where. I may be an old broad, but I have my pride.  :laugh:

iwasthere

the president of council position can be picked by the city council peers thus eliminating a elected position that is ceremonial at its best. this position is to brk ties, attd mayoral duties when the mayor is not available, attends state weddings and funerals and kiss babies and help elderly women across the ytown dt busy sts when the elderly are bar hopping. :o

jay

Sammarone is in the second year of a four year term as President of Council.

AllanY2525

It will be a refreshing change if there is some new blood in city council after the
elections are over.  I may have missed something .... is Sammarone running for
council President again?

Towntalk

FORGET ANY NEW NON-ESSENCIAL SPENDING IN 2016-17-18 AND CONCENTRATE ON ESSENCIALS ONLY!

iwasthere

this new council must have financial knowledge of the city budget because 2016 is not going to be a walk in the park for oldies or the newbies. this new council makeup will either make or break ytown. I wish everyone well because the ride is abt to get bumpy. :o

PD

Nate will win. That endorsement means nothing
I like Lauren johnson in the 7th.
Here's how the primary will turn out
Vivo winner
basia second place
Hanni third place
Travers. Last place

Johnson beats Vigo in the general