News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Council Primary Election Predictions

Started by PD, February 23, 2015, 08:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

the new leadership must have a solid business backgrd for ytown city council. the names mentioned I never seen them at council meetings or council committee meetings to educate themselves on the issues that are going toface ytown in the close near future. kingsley is the only one that has any financial backgrd due to his successful carwash business.

iwasthere

one should wait for the fat lady to sing then make predictions. ;D

PD

The issue with Salata is that he is honest, sometimes brutally. He didn't do well at that particular Forum because anyone but Sylvester Patton was an enemy
If you remember Slalata said that we should have fewer Wards 4 years ago, cut government and run the city like a business. I agree with him and he is genuinely a great guy
Lauren Mcnally is very nice but what she said was basically she is young and on her way in and the other candidates are old and should go away.
I didn't realize that at 42 you would have one foot in the grave.  She needs to realize the 5th Ward has a very large elderly population and she shouldn't ignore that
I believe whoever knocks on the most doors and meets the most people could win
I know that in the 5th now there are a few organizations. Wscc /rocky ridge area. Garden district /old furnace /Indians trails. Idora neighborhood association
All the candidates should attend at least one before the election

jay

5th ward race

I remember Salata from a previous race.  When attending a candidates' forum at Martin Luther Lutheran church, he really did a great job of turning the audience (voters) against him.

Lauren McNally is making a great attempt to meet people through the existing west side neighborhood associations and block watches.

PD

Here are mine
1st Ward. Julius Oliver winner. Mike Write has nothing to offer. He helped ruin the school system with Wendy Webb. It's a mess over there
2nd Ward. Tj Rodgers. No real opponents
3rd Ward. Nate Pinkard. Nate is a good councilman and is very sincere. An impartial council will be best for him. No racial pressure. Rick Alli is nothing more than a Hanni candidate. Past will get him
4th Ward. Mike Ray. Doward is a rev Simon put in. Got 4% of the vote last time
5th Ward. Mike santisi. Crowded race. Name recognition wins. A lot of people hate Rapovy. The others won't work although if Salata meets people he could steal the win  McWilson has no shot
6th Ward. Christine Silvestri. She will work hard to win.  She is best for that Ward  Anita Davis has publicly proven she Has racial motives and rev Simons put in. Anita will use the position to push Race
7th Ward. John Vivo. Name recognition. Hanni is a Hanni. Name is going to hurt her. Chris Travers got last place in council president race. You can't win a race on Facebook and Blogs. Nice guy though. Not a great field. I see an independent Lauren Johnson winning in the General

Thoughts?  On spot?  Where am I wrong?