News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Guess Who Is On Vacation For Three Months?

Started by jay, June 21, 2013, 09:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

When Congress is not i session does not mean that the congress criters are not back in their districts working. Of course it doesn't mean that they are either...........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

What His Holiness was saying was that a Pope never takes a vacation ... he's on the job 24/7/365 while people like Congress, state and local legislators find every excuse under the sun to take a vacation many of which the tax payers pay for. They talk the talk, but never walk the walk unless it puts money in their pockets, and this is true of both parties.

Billy Mumphrey

OK. I didn't know. I know people rag on liberals and environmentalists on this site, I didn't want the Pope to be dragged in as well.

Towntalk

Billy, that is an expression that was used long before you or I were twinkles in our parients eyes and does not denegrate the Pope. In point of fact Pope John XXIII used it in a Youth Conference that was held here in America to the delight of everyone.

Billy Mumphrey

Towntalk

Look at it this way ... when they're not in session, they can't mess things up any more than they have when they're in session.

By the way what about all the time that Congress takes off ... shoot, they take more "vacations" than the Pope.  :laugh:

jay

iwasthere

city council has been on council since they were elected to this position.

jay

Guess who is on vacation for three months?