News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

There Are Fewer And Fewer Volunteers

Started by jay, June 19, 2013, 11:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Tell me about it!  I volunteer for an organization that pays their executive director $130,000 in wages and benefits, all the while they complain that they don't have any money. Naturally us volunteers are a bit suspicious of the organization.

jay

Most people do not like volunteering while others are being paid.  This new policy may greatly reduce the number of volunteers for the event.

Rick Rowlands

A side effect of the culture of entitlement.  How many of the natives that live off of government largess will volunteer to give back a little to the people?  Don't hold your breath.  But they will be happy to jack your car while you are at First Night!

Rushblvd

Yea I'm not to sure about going that way. I never realized they were that short of volunteers, but to pay for help-seems to kind of defeat the whole purpose of the event.. Guess we will wait and see if it works

jay

Youngstown's New Years Eve event has had a difficult time finding enough volunteers in recent years.  The event committee is now going to subcontract for event staffers and provide them with a monetary stipend.

:-\