News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City Lot

Started by jay, June 04, 2010, 05:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Would you need special equipment to cut this?  Out of curiosity who usually cuts the grass there?

AllanY2525

Has anyone asked Phil Kidd if may be he could help organize something ?

Maybe he could help get together some volunteers(?)

jay

Instead of raising money for the K-9 Unit, maybe the West Side Citizens group should hold spaghetti dinners to raise funds to hire someone to cut the grass on this lot.

Mary_Krupa

The grass was mowed after the first clean-up. However, I drove by today and it definitely needs to be mowed again. We are trying to get the Sheriff's day workers (misdemeanor offenders) out there to get rid of the weeds along the fence so that we can finish the paint job. Will keep you posted.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Rick Rowlands

Is Buckeye Park still in good shape?  Grass mowed? 

john r. swierz

Thats a very good idea!

AllanY2525

Perhaps someone could organize a "Volunteer day" activity for this
park?

jay

I wonder if there is a block watch group in this area.  Maybe they could organize a mowing day for the field.

john r. swierz

The Park Dept only cuts P&R land.  The street Dept cuts public right away and lots with no houses on them. I believe that they have 3 crews out and they are staying on one side of town until they are done.

AllanY2525

OK... so how many do they have cutting grass in all the vacant
lots and public areas across the city?

Certainly more than four, one would think.....

Why?Town

How about the sign department? Put one up that says, "Conservation Area, Do Not Disturb."

john r. swierz

At most , they have 4 employees in the parks dept cutting grass.

AllanY2525

Has anyone called the city's "High Grass Hotline"  ?

Someone should turn in the City - to the City

LOL
:)

jay

The play field directly behind the West Side Library still needs to be cut.  The lot is completely surrounded by a fence and it has been used in the past by children playing football.  I believe the field is part of the City Park Department system.