News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Midlothian Waterline Project - (How Much?)

Started by jay, December 21, 2017, 10:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyceFarrell

That's what I've been trying to find out. I know that there has been problems in the 7th Ward part of East Midlothian Blvd.

cc4

Where on Midlothian is this work taking place?  I believe the street passes

through the fifth, sixth, and seventh wards.

JoyceFarrell

Doesn't suprise me a bit Jay, In fact, I couldn't even find it either at WFMJ or WKBN's web site. That was why my post in the first place. Why then the big secret on the part of the media? They are quick to promote the Ampatheater (sp) project and handing out keys to the city.

We know that we have had a whole lot of problems here on Midlothian Blvd. yet unless we go to the 7WCC facebook page we hear little or nothing about the sorry state of the water lines here.

WKBN spends a lot of their news on stories outside our area. Surely in the hour and a half hours in their 5:00 - 6:30 PM news they could do a better job on local news.

Had it not been for Jay's post we would not have even known that replacing the water lines on Midlotian Blvd. at all.

jay

QuoteI didn't read any objection into Jay's comment. just stating a fact that the lines are going to get worked on.

Thank you Rushblvd.

I don't believe the local newspaper covered this project in their council report.
One additional fact may surprise some on this Forum.

JoyceFarrell

I was just asking Jay. Given the state of local economy, and all the controversy over the water funding going to economic development projects not directly related to water it is quite reasonable to look at costs.

Rushblvd

Is Midlothian water lines the oldest in the City?? JRS would possibly know this..
I didn't read any objection into Jay's comment. just stating a fact that the lines are going to get worked on..

:)

JoyceFarrell

Are you objecting to the replacement of the water lines on Midlothian Blvd.? We've had several waterline breaks and sink holes. Many of the breaks are on East Midlothian Blvd. in the 7th Ward just this year.

jay

Waterline replacement is planned for Midlothian Blvd.  Bids are being taken.  Estimated cost for the work is $597,375.00.