News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Avalon Gardens Pizza Is Coming To The West Side

Started by jay, February 07, 2013, 10:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which New Location's Pizza Is More Like the Belmont Location's Pizza?

West Side
1 (20%)
Downtown
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: June 02, 2013, 09:56:13 AM

Peggy Gurney

I have, and took the poll. They both tasted the same. Probably because they're the same recipe - Jim's recipe. Only difference is, the downtown location is using the recipe without permission from the Donofrio family, which is being hashed out in court.

That being said, i'll support the west side location, because I support the Donofrio family.

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

Pizza Poll

If you had the same pizza at all three locations, please take the poll.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: westsider on May 25, 2013, 06:33:55 PM
Peggy, I believe the Avalon Gardens on the west side has been open for a couple months, now.

I must have been half asleep when I replied. I was there on opening night.   ::)
~ Normal is overrated ~

northside lurker

Peggy, I believe the Avalon Gardens on the west side has been open for a couple months, now.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: iwasthere on May 25, 2013, 08:58:50 AM
peggy the saga continues over avalon's pizza's rights. ytown has its own pizza war, stay tune for more pizza drama.
Ain't it the truth.  :o

Quote from: Towntalk on May 25, 2013, 09:29:13 AMThanks for the clarification about the Avalon Gardens Peggy. We patronized the Avalon Gardens a number of times when they were here on the North Side and always enjoyed their food, so while we resent the move to the west side of this historic North Side landmark, we'll hold our noses while we get there, but will continue to enjoy their food.

I don't "resent" the move to the west side. Of course we'd have loved for them to have reopened on the north side, but for sentimental and emotional reasons, they just couldn't open in the same location, and another suitable (to them) location wasn't available. 
So once they open, the original Avalon Gardens will get my support. Not the Avalon Downtown.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Thanks for the clarification about the Avalon Gardens Peggy. We patronized the Avalon Gardens a number of times when they were here on the North Side and always enjoyed their food, so while we resent the move to the west side of this historic North Side landmark, we'll hold our noses while we get there, but will continue to enjoy their food.

iwasthere

peggy the saga continues over avalon's pizza's rights. ytown has its own pizza war, stay tune for more pizza drama.

Peggy Gurney

My understanding is that, legally, When Jim Donofrio purchased the Avalon Gardens on Belmont, the name was purchased with the restaurant.
The name is on the license, and the Donofrio family still owns the license and the name.

The Donofrio family is opening a new restaurant on Mahoning Avenue. The name is The Original Avalon Gardens.
It is NOT a branch off of the Avalon Downtown.  In fact, the name of the pizza place downtown isn't even Avalon Gardens. It is Avalon Downtown.
The two are not related in any way, shape or form, other than the person who cooked the pizza at Jim Donofrio's Avalon Gardens decided to open the pizza place downtown with the name and the pizza recipe, against the wishes of the Donofrio family.

That's it.
~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

The same coupons are in the March 2013 issue or Reach Savings Magazine.

jay

A young woman from Avalon Gardens was giving out coupons at a west side block watch meeting this week.

Coupon No.1  $1.00 Off on any food purchase of $10 or more

Coupon No.2  $1.00 Off on any bakery purchase of $10 or more

jay

This Avalon Gardens location will also include Josephine's Italian Eatery & Bakery.  The bakery will have bread, rolls, muffins, cupcakes, pies, brownies and more.

northside lurker

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

How can two different people be able to use the same business name and be able to claim that they are selling the original Avalon Pizza's?

iwasthere

are both pizza restaurant using the original recipe?

northside lurker

Actually, from what I've heard, the west side Avalon is being opened by the Donofrio family, so it's unaffiliated with the downtown store.
--Thomas Edison