News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Pictures of the work at Chaney HS

Started by northside lurker, June 07, 2006, 05:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Last week, one of our interns was home from school, and was able to go out and take some decent pictures of the work at Chaney.  We're on the home stretch.

The image attached to this post is a panoramic of the auditorium.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

I only have a few pics this time because I didn't have the opportunity to take more.

The first 2 are of the progress in the library/media center

The 3rd is outside the "multi-use classroom" where the cafeteria was.

The last picture is at the new student entrance.  They just need to install the display case, and this area will be almost ready to give to the district.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

The first picture in this post is of what will be the new main student entrance.
The second picture is of one of the classrooms in the 1966 addition, with a new window configuration.
The last picture is of the old gym.  We aren't making any major modifications to this room, but we are leaving the original structure exposed, and it will be painted white.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

It's been awhile, but here are some new construction pictures.  They are of poor quality again because I just used my phone, and it was a dark, dreary morning.

The first two pics are where the cafeteria was.(The first from the corridor, and the second from in the room)  This will be a major intersection in the building and extra space would be needed here.

The third picture is of the progress in the auditorium.  I had another from the opposite corner, but it's too blurry to use. ::)
--Thomas Edison

ForumManager

Point taken. Although, it seems pretty big to be only  for light.

northside lurker

Actually, they do serve a purpose, even if they are not used.  Their primary purpose is to allow natural light into the building per the building code requirements.
--Thomas Edison

ForumManager

Why have them if they are closed?
Kind of a waste of space and expensive weatherproof building materials.
just my 2 cents

northside lurker

I'm glad you liked the photos.  I was beginning to wonder if anyone cared. :)

Unfortunately, it's commonly believed in the office that they will keep the courtyards closed. (there is another on the other side of the cafeteria)  But, who knows what the school district will do?
--Thomas Edison

ForumManager

Very cool pics.
Thank you!
I hope the courtyard doesn't go the way of many school courtyards... closed for use.
It seems schools always close them.

northside lurker

And finally, for tonight, a panorama of the new gym fully complete.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

This is a panorama of the courtyard.  I guess this used to be teacher parking.  The new rooms directly across from the photographer are art rooms.  Then, to the right, is the new cafeteria.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

These 2 are of the continuing work in the auditorium.  The original structure will remain exposed, so it's been cleaned and painted black.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

The 2nd picture in this post is what's left of the old cafeteria.  This area will look very different from the original building, when we're done.
The 3rd picture is looking through the opening where the administration area used to be.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

The fourth picture in this post marks the beginning of pictures taken of the ongoing construction in the old building.  This is a hole in the wall, and if you look carefully, you can see down into the auditorium.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

On this latest trip to Chaney, the summer interns got to come along.  One of them took the following pictures with a real camera--not just a cell phone.

The first pictures are from completed areas of the building.  Some parts are already being used.
--Thomas Edison