News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Old House

Started by jay, March 20, 2011, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Westsider

FYI
This house is on the 35-Cornersburg WRTA bus route.  Thus there is quick access to Mahoning Avenue, shops in Cornersburg, the Rulli Brothers plaza in Austintown, and the Wedgewood Plaza.  Four grocery stores are on the bus route.

Towntalk

With no address to go by, how do you expect me to get information on this house  ??? ??? ???

If this house is as old as some think, it would have been built in the mid-1800's since the area wasn't settled until 1796 and didn't start spreading out until after the Civil War.

Sanborne Fire Insurance Maps for 1884; 1889; and 1896 show nothing for what we refer to as Rocky Ridge.

Youngstownshrimp

My store in Poland is a 1851 Greek revival and I have exposed the massive trusses, please message me the address and I will do research on it.  Also, has the YTown Historic society been notified?

northside lurker

In the GDNA meeting, it was referred to as the "Price House."  I saw this house for sale several years ago, and the listing claimed the house was from the late 1700's to early 1800's. (I don't remember the actual year, but it was unusually old)

I hesitate to give its address, because houses on the demolition list tend to get targeted for theft and vandalism. (and, hopefully, this one can be saved)  I would have abandoned my "quest" for a house on the north side to restore this house.  But, it's just too far from amenities I have to walk to.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

address please.  Maybe Towntalk could find out something about it.

jay

This house appears to be very old.  It is situated near the Rocky Ridge Neighborhood Association.  Members of the group have learned that the house is on the demolition list.  At this time there is no formal effort to save the structure.