News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Woodbine Apartments - Status Update

Started by AllanY2525, December 09, 2005, 11:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Someone asked me for a status report on the Woodbine apartment building on my
Yahoo group last week, so I thought I would post the info here as well.

Jay,  please feel free to move this to a different message board if this one isn't
appropriate for this message. (Maybe the "Construction News" board?)

I have finished negotiating a contract with Tri-State Roofing, Inc this week.  I gave them
a check for the deposit yesterday and work on the new roof for the building should commence
within a week or so.  Tri-State is going to do a total tear-off and replacement, as well as
sistering up any damaged or sagging roof joists and work on the brick walls and chimneys
atop the roof.  They are also going to rebuild the joists in the roofs over both back porches.

I opened a service order with Ohio Edison today for a temporary electric hookup for the
building - to get it back "on the grid" for the remainder of the restoration project.  Gulu
Electric of Youngstown got the contract for the installation of a new electric meter, 100
amp heavy-up and a new breaker box in the basement of the building.

My crew and I have almost finished tearing out all of the gas, steam and water pipes in
the basement of the building - as well as the old boilers, hot water heaters, most of the
old wiring, etc.

I have my asbestos inspector looking around now for a good asbestos abatement
outfit to remove the remaining asbestos from the basement of the building and
then provide certification that the building is asbestos-free.

We've installed jack posts and temporary support beams under several of the bathroom
floors (they have concrete slabs and the floor systems are failing) until we can get the
slabs taken out and replace the floor joists underneath and install a new wooden
flooring system.  The bathrooms will eventually have cement board and ceramic tiles
installed over the new wooden flooring systems, once all of the floor joists in every
apartment have been jacked up and sistered with new joists beside them.

We will be removing all of the finish-layer flooring (ie: the old tongue-and-groove oak
floor boards) down to the sub floors soon, also.

FYI,

Allan
:)