News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

North Side Library Will Close

Started by jay, April 26, 2005, 10:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten44505

If correct, lets hope that they do not demolish this beautiful building. Keeping the exterior as it is while redoing the interior to fit their needs would be a great addition to the Butler.

For those who aren't familiar with this church, I will put a picture recently taken up on my Webshots site.

It will only be there for a week so take a look soon.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ladynews500

YSUalum

I heard last week that the Butler Museum bought the First Christian Church.

Sharonite

Any plans for the North Side library building?  How about the old First Christian Church, which is consolidating with a church in Boardman?  Those buildings are both on highly visible streets--Fifth and Wick--and I hope they don't sit empty.

yfdgricker

On the subject of the Youngstown library...

Is it just me or does anyone else find the circulation desk staff 'cranky'? I've gotten the feeling several times (not all the time) that I was interrupting them or that I was a nuisance for wanting to check something out.

Second, I just want to say how incredibly annoying those 'register receipts' they give you to tell you when the books are due. I'm always loosing them or throwing them out with dozen or so receipts I get from buying food and merchandise. I miss the good old days when the books were stamped with the due date so you could open any book and know when it was due.

Oh well, thanks for letting me rant :)

kitten44505

It never did make sense to me as to why there would be two libraries within a mile of each other.

It should be noted that the Main Branch is one of the finest in the entire system bar none with 100% more resources than the North Branch could have, and to say the very least the workers at the Main Branch are really great so there is really no reason to be upset with the closing of the North Branch.

As to the talented workers at the North Branch, none will be losing their jobs but will be transfered to other branches.

With the state cutting back on funds to libraries, it only makes sense to cut duplication.

It should also be noted that the YSU library allows the public to use it's resources in house. It too is a great resource.

I for one applaud the Public Library for doing what it must do to keep open.

jay

It was announced today that the North Side Library will close permanently.