News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Fifth Avenue Resurfacing

Started by Peggy Gurney, August 04, 2014, 02:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on August 25, 2014, 08:58:08 AM
Our beloved Midlothian Blvd.
that was my mental image when i wrote abt the midlothian blvd. we are on the same wavelength

Towntalk

Our beloved Midlothian Blvd.

iwasthere

so what if i am part of the anti frac grp. is that a sin? rds are damaged by these semi rigs that carry the frac casements and equipment in the past.  i have not seen weight limits signs on midlothin blvd. i contact the mah cty eng office and ytown eng  office for verification on this such matter. rr you would be the first one to raise holy heck. if one of your vechicles was damaged while traveling the roads that these semi  rigs damaged due to wideload wieght. tt midlothian always be the road that will lead one to heaven aslong as we have angels aka kenny, you and me protecting it from decietful people.

Towntalk

East Midlothian  Blvd. is the direct route to Heaven, and on that great calling up day, the saints (can you say amen) will be marching down the road which at that great day (can you say hallelujah) will be paved with gold, so in the meantime, we must be fussy about what uses this road, and the choir said amen sister, amen.

Rick Rowlands

You just don't get it Allan.  iwasthere is a member of Frackfree Mahoning, and it is his obligation to link and and all negative outcomes or potential outcomes to the oil and gas industry.  Your post containing facts and reality will just bounce off of his shiny forehead.

AllanY2525

If there are weight limits on these roads, it would behoove the city and/or county to
post the weight limits, number of axles permitted, etc.

Truck drivers cannot be held responsible for damage caused by using the same public
roads that any other motorist uses - when there are no weight restrictions posted on the
roads.

As far as the cost of putting up signs?  Road signs cost a lot less than repaving.  If
local government doesn't want to post signs, then they should either use materials
that can withstand the weight of the vehicles using the road, or accept the inevitable
fact that the damage will occur.

Sure, concrete costs more than asphalt - but it also lasts much, MUCH longer and
has many, MANY times the strength of asphalt.  That's why it's used to build freeways.

The type of cargo in the trucks is irrelevant . ANY semi tractor-trailer rig is going
to weigh a LOT when fully loaded.  A trailer hauling steel coils, for instance, can
weigh well over 40,000 lbs - I've been told that some weigh 75,000 lbs or more.

Peggy Gurney

Fifth isn't finished, so large trucks are not permitted to drive on it yet.
~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

a few weeks ago the pavers finished e. and w. midlothian blvd within a day semi trailers were carrying frac casements and equipment over this nicely paved rd. i hope the state cty cty governments watch over this rd to notice any damages that these semi trailers do while transporting this product to its destination.

Peggy Gurney

Heck it was even nice driving on Fifth Ave after they scraped it.   :)
No potholes!
~ Normal is overrated ~

PD

Lyndz

Beautiful driving on fifth avenue today!

Peggy Gurney

There are plenty of side streets to get where you need to get without using Fifth.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

While I no longer travel Fifth Ave. I know how bad it had gotten, and am sure that the folks that live in that area will be overjoyed. BTW how will that affect the farmers market and Stambaugh Auditorium?

Peggy Gurney

Fifth Avenue has been scraped over the past week, and is being resurfaced beginning today, starting at Gypsy Lane and ending at the 422 junction.
The project should be completed by early October.
Expect traffic lane closures and detours onto side streets for the duration.
~ Normal is overrated ~