News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Haluski Competition At The Summer Festival Of The Arts

Started by jay, July 08, 2012, 07:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

Trust me it could have been WORSE ! ! !  :-X :-X :-X  I think there was lot of restraint on both parts.  Some times just a littler battering or jabbing all in fun can get 'out of hand'.  Our church had a choice of haluski or fires at the fish fry.  The haluski was just store bought noodles.  Our pastor Father Dave made it and I was helping him.  We were cooking cabbage in large frying pans. Some of the cabbage was getting a little too dark for my "al dante" taste - some almost if not on the burnt side.  "Oh that's ok" was the reply he gave me some people like it that way.  When I saw a neighbor who went to the Fish Fry he told me how much he enjoyed the halushki --- it was just like his mother made it.  Well naturally the big mouth I as said "did she burn it?"  "Yep" he said and that is why I like it like that.  There ya go - isn't this a GREAT world we like in  :laugh:   I love Polish people - with a last name like mine a lot of people used to think I was Polish - I was always honored when they did. :-*

irishbobcat

Just what we need, an ethnic war at the Festival of the Arts...lol.......hope the Croatians and Serbians were on opposite ends of the campus.....

jay

I guess the Carpatho-Rusyn Society was taking a jab at the Polish Arts Club today at the Summer Festival of the Arts.  It's a good thing they were separated by the Hungarians and the folks from the Indian Restaurant.