News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

May be moving to this area

Started by Peggy Gurney, June 09, 2012, 11:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

Now why would you possibly think I don't want to know?  I didn't have this question the other day when you advised me, which is why I didn't ask it then.  I came up with this question last night when I went to see a house I might be interested in.

And if I didn't want to know I wouldn't have asked.    ::)
~ Normal is overrated ~

Youngstownshrimp

You call Maria at Atty. Zomoida's office in Poland.  Ask her if the cert. holders are interested in selling any certs. relative to the parcel # of the house.  Prior to this, you should get a present owner title search.  But I don't think you really want to know, you could have posted the question on the other thread when I advised you.

Peggy Gurney

Another question....

If I am interested in a house that is vacant, and is 2 years tax delinquent, who would I call to express an interest in purchasing this house?
The auditor or the treasurer?

~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

What is a "negotiated tax lien"?

~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

I think the north side homes are on a level above the houses in any of the other areas - south, west or east.
I took a drive in the north side again this morning. I simply love it!
~ Normal is overrated ~

northside lurker

Yes, I'm also going north.  I love the Garden District.  But, it's been a life-long dream of mine to fix up an old house, and the houses around Wick Park, (and on the north side, in general) are just on a level above the homes in the Garden District, in terms of architectural detail.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: westsider on June 10, 2012, 10:38:26 AM
Just to show that there are many great options when choosing a neighborhood in Youngstown, have you considered the Garden District?  It is one of the neighborhoods for which the YNDC is offering home buyer assistance.  http://www.yndc.org/programs/community-loan-fund

I feel obligated to ask, because I will eventually be leaving the Garden District for the Wick Park Neighborhood. :)

Yes I have looked there, and really didn't see anything I liked.  I love Jerry and Barbara O'Hara, great people!
You're moving north as well?!?
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

And to you my west side friend we will give you a hearty welcome to the neighborhood once you are settled in, and perhaps some sunny afternoon we might meet in Wick Park.

northside lurker

Just to show that there are many great options when choosing a neighborhood in Youngstown, have you considered the Garden District?  It is one of the neighborhoods for which the YNDC is offering home buyer assistance.  http://www.yndc.org/programs/community-loan-fund

I feel obligated to ask, because I will eventually be leaving the Garden District for the Wick Park Neighborhood. :)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Welcome to historic North Side Youngstown.

Peggy Gurney

Thanks, I have been reading the YNDC site. 

I know Phil Kidd, and Gary Davenport who is president of the Wick Park Neighborhood Association, as well as the people I'd be living next door to, Robert and Danielle Harrell.
Also the lady who rehabbed the house, Connie Lauderdale.  All are giving me great advice.

I'm very excited!
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

As with any area in the city you should do your due diulligence since you will be making a big investment. Rely on a real estate agent you can trust ... never ever go by anything you may find on eBay because 99.95% of their ads are bald faced lies. The Crandall Park area is both historic and beautiful, and has strong homeowners groups. If you can, talk to some of the neighbors to get a better idea of the neighborhood you're looking at.

Here's a web site that might be helpful.

http://www.yndc.org/neighborhoods/crandall-park-north

Peggy Gurney

Thanks for the info!  The house I'm looking at is on Crandall Ave. 

I currently rent on the south side, and really like my neighborhood here, been here almost 2 years.
But I need to put down permanent roots for my little boy, so looking for a more stable neighborhood, in Ytown, in which to do that.
Everyone is pointing me to this area, so that's where I've been looking.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

I've lived on the North Side now for about 30 years and love it. I live within walking distence of YSU, Butler, Stambaugh Auditorium, MVHS, and the library, I'm on a bus route, got a grocery store across the street, and when I do my monthly shopping, a Save-A-Lot and the Belmont Giant Eagle. My neighborhood is quiet and very stable with my neighbors living here as long as I have. Couldn't ask for more. Can even enjoy my front porch in the evening in peace. Oh and don't forget the two large hospitals.