News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Chaney high school allows ....

Started by iwasthere, February 07, 2018, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Have the security cameras been checked yet?

I haven't heard a word about what was on the videos.

Why?Town

iwasthere,  I'm not hating DH, just not too impressed with him at this time.

I would feel a lot better about him if someone could point out that he actually reported this issue to someone in authority as opposed to just posting a picture on his facebook page.

iwasthere

This story makes ytown city and residents look like ........ I know many ytown residents are not buffoons in this community. Dh is doing his job as a boed member by reporting this incident good or bad taste in one's mouth.

JoyceFarrell

Rabbi Hunter is also the Rabbi at the Jewish Temple Congregation Ohev Tzedek. in Boardman.

Why?Town

So due to the picture we can see that the sign was modified by some vandal and it was intentional.

With that word, spelled in that manner, one has to question whether or not racism was the actual intention. Many people with dark skin use that form of the word to refer to themselves and others on a regular basis and it is constantly used in rap music yet people of a lighter skin tone are considered racists if they use it. Based on that, it would depend on the race of the vandal for it to be called a racial slur. Technically I believe it would be racist to to call someone a racist for using words only allowed by a certain race.

The race of the offended person/group being from the possibly slurred race or from a different race trying to defend the slurred race is somewhat irrelevant.

The possibility of the slurred race actually creating the slur to place blame on another race wouldn't make sense considering the spelling used. It could have been the other race using the word used by the possibly offended race. Again I say: I believe it would be racist to to call someone a racist for using words only allowed by a certain race.

Now I'm kinda wondering is Dario outraged because people complained to him? If so why would people complain to him instead of calling the school itself to get it repaired. Better yet if anyone was outraged or offended why didn't they just go straighten it up before other people or kids were exposed to it? Probably because spreading it around on Facebook and  getting more people in the outraged/offended group is their goal.

I did a quick research on Dario Hunter, NOT impressed by this guy. He's on the BOE and Dean of Intervention at the Stambaugh Charter Academy, which I don't necessarily have an issue with but a story about this was posted on the WKBN website. Dario failed to return a call to WKBN to answer questions about this for the story but did get support in the WKBN's story from CEO Krish Mohip, a guy not well liked by any of the BOE members including Dario.

jay

jay

Security cameras are located on every side of Chaney High School.

I wonder what the cameras will reveal.    :o

Why?Town

I didn't see the sign but I'm sure there are so many different ways this could happen today.

Was the slur part of the original message on the sign or was the sign modified be some vandal?

Was it an intentional or accidental racial slur, an old time or a new age racial slur, or even just a normal word that ended up offending someone that decided it should be called a racial slur?

Was the offended person/group from the possibly slurred race or from a different race trying to defend the possibly slurred race?

Did the possibly slurred race actually create the slur to place blame on another race?

Before anyone thinks I might be racist, I just want to let you all know there are worthless people of every color, creed and/or religion and I hate them all equally. ;D

iwasthere

Hunter a ytown boe member was outrage that a racial slur was used on Chaney high school's outdoor sign.