News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

7th Ward Parade Question

Started by Towntalk, May 11, 2015, 11:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

At a minimum, the Lansingville area folks should still hold their community picnic at the former Adams School's parking lot.

Towntalk

Truth be told I could do better myelf -- Parade route - East Midlothian -- Cardinal Mooney Band -- WKBN -- WYTV -- 570 WKBN --WHOT -- YSU MARCHING BAND --Neighborhood Association Floats -- YFD -- YPD -- Grand Marshal/7th Ward Council Person -- 7th Ward Churches. A Concert would follow at Pemerton/Donnell Park (sp) featuring the YSU Jazz Orchestra.

PD

Sure. On the 4th I'll drive my car in the lansingvillle area and beep the horn. Same thing

Towntalk

PD

The parade was pretty lame anyway.  ;D ;D

Towntalk

JAY: FYI ... I am more than just talk. if it came down to who would pay the $300 I would put the money up. It would mean personal sacrifice, but if it meant that this event would continue it would be worth it. What would you personally do for your ward aside from just posting events?

iwasthere

the purple cat assoc paid the insurance fee every yr for this parade.

jay

I heard from a Lansingville resident that there will not be a parade this year.

Who would have paid for the city's required insurance policy anyway?

iwasthere

Kenny stanslaw is the leader in this matter. the lansingville bw sponsored this parade since its conception. he has all the answers to your questions, tt.

Towntalk

Will there be a Fourth of July Lansingville Parade this year? Would it be possable to have it go down East Midlothian Blvd. and invite Cardinal Mooney to be a part of it, and have the 7thWard neighborhood groups have a float that would be judged as Best of Parade? The Amarican Legion and VFW should also be invited to be part of the Parade. By starting the planning now,hopefully we could actually have the Parade on JULY 4, 2015. Followed by a 7th Ward Picnic at one of the 7th Ward Parks.